Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Poll - Which is the Best Porsche 911?

haysebeyse

Porsche's made so many different variants of the 911 over the years. Which one do you think is the greatest?

Porsche has been making the 911 for over half a century. Since its first example, the 911 has spawned countless trims and variations, all with unique designs and driving experiences.

THIRD PARTY SITE POLL REMOVED BY MODERATOR

This has been asked many MANY times before...

Answer: The one parked in your driveway or garage.

:lock:

My neighbour has a 997 GT2 RS sat in his drive doing nothing bar getting wet.

apollokre1d said:

As the man has just said. Here's your answer by the best band*

*.....you happen to be listening too at the time :wink:

apollokre1d said:

So can I have an extra big driveway/garage and nominate 6 different 911's :grin: :grin:

i think mine is the best of the model 911, model sc 1978-1983 3.0.

it was supposed to be the final swansong of both 911 and aircooled, as the 928 was going to take over, this was 1978, the car was over engineered as a final hurrah, but sales were so fantastic that it actually paved the way for 15 more years of air-cooling and 3 more models up until water came in.

Its a relatively simple, but strong engine that is free-revving, its almost identical in performance to the 3.2 but not as complex.

So it has to be the best, because it continued the 911 to this present day.

New997buyer said:
apollokre1d said:

As the man has just said. Here's your answer by the best band*

*.....you happen to be listening too at the time :wink:

Hehe too right mate :thumb:

DRZ911 said:
apollokre1d said:

So can I have an extra big driveway/garage and nominate 6 different 911's :grin: :grin:

You most certainly can :)

Not always true being the one you own... :?:

I have had a few 911's over the years, and some others, and some have aged / looked better than others to me...

...about 8 years ago, I always used to think a 993 Widebody / Turbo, was about as good as it gets, but, not now, indeed quite the opposite, the bad boy 964 overtook that some time ago and is still in the running today.

I bought the car I think looks the best 911, still looking up to date and subtle, and my reasoning and thought process came a long time before buying it!!

So the one you own then? :grin:

apollokre1d said:
alex yates said:
So the one you own then? :grin:

Exactly :)

Ok yes, I get that, what I am trying to say is I thought it the best, before I owned it, desired for one and before I could afford it.

Ill get me coat.. :thumb:

:thumb: :lol:

f37G9ag.jpg

and it is on my driveway :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back