Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Guard Red 996s

porkchops

Monza
One question I have been wondering for a while now....Why is there so little guard red 996? They rarely come up especially the C4S....But looking at 997 there are plenty of them on the market. Is this because it wasn't a popular colour for the model or is it because people who owns them keeps hold of them?

Exactly Porky,

Back in the late 90's the "in" colours were silvers, greys and dark blues. Bright colours went out of fashion for a good while.

Big shame really as 996s look ace in guards red or speed yellow.

Exactly that! Funny how trends change. 5 years ago every other new car was white! People were even wrapping cars white. Now it is so over done white is going out of fashion, well it is in my eyes.

My car is being repainted at the moment and I have to keep stopping myself from asking for the painter to change to Mexico Blue rather than the Arctic Silver he's going to use.

such a shame, red guards is my favorite colour on a porche...If I see a C4S for sale, manual in guards with no ugly interior, I would buy it...but they seem so rare that I might be waiting a long time!

Dammit said:
My car is being repainted at the moment and I have to keep stopping myself from asking for the painter to change to Mexico Blue rather than the Arctic Silver he's going to use.

What is the original colour? I find the silver grey boring on 996 (my personal view)...just to rub it in :D

As said it was a fashion thing. Cant recall many red 993's either so its just that era when people didn't want it. JS1500 on here has a non sunroof 3.4 C4 but cant think of many more. There is an aerokit 3.4 for sale on ebay that was apparently sold when I was looking in Sept that has popped up again at the same garage but with about £2k more.

Guards red manual 996 turbo on ebay last week. Higher mileage but tweeked to around 500bhp and it went for £29k!!!

Ive always like red as it looks clean and shinier than it really is. That why I avoid black or white as you have to clean them all the time, something that I don't particularly like.

Always been a blue fan as well. Id love a cobalt Mk2 Gt3.

porkchops said:
Dammit said:

What is the original colour? I find the silver grey boring on 996 (my personal view)...just to rub it in :D

It's an Arctic Silver car, I'm sticking with the original colour, despite not wanting to in many ways.

coullstar said:
Guards red manual 996 turbo on ebay last week. Higher mileage but tweeked to around 500bhp and it went for £29k!!!

That's Junky's old car if anyone is interested in it :thumb:

Now, you see, it really is a personal choice thing ...I don't think that the 993 or the 996 suited Guards red at all ...full stop (almost)
The 996 GT3 looked good in Guards , but that was the only one ......

It was great on the 964 then on the 997 again...on the inbetweeners it wasn't a colour that suited the shape ......

Black , Grey, silver all great colours for all the models .....

My thoughts.....

911TEL said:
Now, you see, it really is a personal choice thing ...I don't think that the 993 or the 996 suited Guards red at all ...full stop (almost)

It was great on the 964 then on the 997 again...on the inbetweeners it wasn't a colour that suited the shape ......

My thoughts.....

:agree:

:thumb:

Porsche's press car for the Turbo launch was Guards.....

996turboredroad.jpg

996turboredrear.jpg

Looks alright to me! I like the red.

EGTE said:
Porsche's press car for the Turbo launch was Guards.....

Looks alright to me! I like the red.

Fixed that for everyone :thumb:

911TEL said:
The 996 GT3 AND Turbo looked good in Guards , but they were the only one's......

My thoughts.....

My first 996 drive was in a manual Guards Red 996.1 C2 with factory Aero Kit...
Lovely car, big fan of Guards Red and Speed Yellow. Not many around compared to 964 & 997.. GR, manual & non sunroof, now thats a rare sight.

911TEL said:

My thoughts.....

I actually agree with the 996 in red but such a sucker for red that I would buy it anyway.However I do think it suits the 993 very very well.

Anyway I sold my car few months ago with the hope of buying another later on. Promised myself it will be a red. But it seems that it will have to be a turbo or a 997 if I want C4S. Unfort 996 turbo is out of my price range and 997 gen 2 c4s would also be! can't win :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back