Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

FF shifter cable ends

I would be interested as well ,
and if anyone has tried the shifter kit that adds metal bushings like the GT3 type

http://www.function-first.com/products/engine-trans/shift-right-solution

And while we are on the subject has anyone fitted the FF engine mount upgrade , its a stock mount with urathane added they call it a semi semi solid engine mount ,would love to know if its got all the wins of semi solid without any NVH increases

http://www.function-first.com/products/engine-trans/engine-mount-upgrade

I think I need to get into this mod game....some nice poke to be made. I notice how they fit delrin (acetal) bushing like I did last year on my ssk.

Thefinn said:
Phil this might be another option for the metal bushings and a lot less

://phenixengineering.com/shop/porsche-997-gt3-style-billet-shift-bushing-kit/

thats a much better price mate thanks I will look into that and see if I can find to reviews :thumb:

Thefinn said:
if you have the tooling to make some i would buy some from you to save the hassle importing from the US

Yep Alex I am interested in metal bushings as well, get your engineering head on mate :thumb:

:cap:

alex yates said:

:floor: :floor: :floor: no not your peaky blinders head :grin:

Ok :army:

Phil 997 said:
Thefinn said:
if you have the tooling to make some i would buy some from you to save the hassle importing from the US

Yep Alex I am interested in metal bushings as well, get your engineering head on mate :thumb:

+1

Thefinn said:
Not much of a review but this is where I found out about them, I will have a traw on rennlist to see if I can find a review.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-for...tic-and-not-rewarding-how-can-i-fix-this.html

I found a 986 thread talking about them, one guy said they were good but others were talking about having to make shims to fit to get the front back slop out, I guess it would be ok for a tinkerer but its not plug and play there was also talk about lateral slop not being addressed by just adding bearings , which takes me back to the FF ones problem is they are 5 times the price but if your going to spend 2 hours fitting the things it needs to be right first time.
Also saw chat about a ball bearing shifter so more research needed before I do anything. Problem is I want everything a 997 SSK with metal bearings which the 997 gt3 shifter isnt for the 997 but is for the 996 due to the 996 having a longer throw to start with. :thumb: :thumb:

I just read the same thread, but wasn't he talking about fitting them to the 986 shifter I.e. Adjustment is needed to make the 997 kit fit. Anyway that said couriosity got me anyway and because they are such a good price I ordered a set as one of us has to give them a try and I don't mind fitting them. I just hope they turn up now before my b-in-l sells his house and comes back to the uk otherwise we will never know. :thumb:

Thefinn said:
I just read the same thread, but wasn't he talking about fitting them to the 986 shifter I.e. Adjustment is needed to make the 997 kit fit. Anyway that said couriosity got me anyway and because they are such a good price I ordered a set as one of us has to give them a try and I don't mind fitting them. I just hope they turn up now before my b-in-l sells his house and comes back to the uk otherwise we will never know. :thumb:

Finn you may be right on that I hadnt considered it. great call on ordering it , I am seriously interested in what you find after fitting it. what shifter are you going to fit them to . also should the BIL return and stump your plan I will buy them off you mate, as you say one of us must try them for the good of all humanity :grin: :grin: :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back