Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 turbo exhaust note

Phil 997

Le Mans
I was watching and listening to this you tube video of various turbo exhaust set ups and decided which was my prefered exhaust note but wondered what others thought

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp0RaHnMTqY

I personally love the agency straight pipes 1st car or maybe the akrapovik 3rd car.

:thumb:

Phil 997 said:
I was watching and listening to this you tube video of various turbo exhaust set ups and decided which was my prefered exhaust note but wondered what others thought

I personally love the agency straight pipes 1st car or maybe the akrapovik 3rd car.

My Mrs shakes her head when she hears the roar of exhausts through my IPad 😜

It's a tricky one and not a true test due to different cars in different environments filmed on different gadgets!

I tried to video my Kline set-up last week and all I could here was the wind whistling into the mic. I will try again on a still day using the IPad or My Mrs' phone to see if I can get a better recording.

Scholester said:
Phil 997 said:

My Mrs shakes her head when she hears the roar of exhausts through my IPad 😜

So do I. How the hell can you judge? I remember being stunned by the engine noise when I went to my first MotoGP. Especially the Ducati!

To be honest none of those sound great when just sat there and revved, I find clips on the net dont do car sounds justice. But I am going to take a Go Pro to mine on its next outing, because its sounds awesome with the afterburners lit. :thumb:

Boba fett said:
To be honest none of those sound great when just sat there and revved, I find clips on the net dont do car sounds justice. But I am going to take a Go Pro to mine on its next outing, because its sounds awesome with the afterburners lit. :thumb:

Having joined the Kline Crew, I believe it's a GoPro I now need in my life too!

I had a 993 T with a car graphic LOUD exhaust.

It was amazing, especially at full tilt!

That said, the novelty did wear off and on long journeys it got annoying.

I swear that it caused my tinnitus!

My ears used to ring after a blast!

I would only consider a system that you can turn on and off.

I'm with Phil on the Akropovic! IIRC these come in at about 6k?

I had a 993 T with a car graphic LOUD exhaust.

It was amazing, especially at full tilt!

That said, the novelty did wear off and on long journeys it got annoying.

I swear that it caused my tinnitus!

My ears used to ring after a blast!

I would only consider a system that you can turn on and off.

I'm with Phil on the Akropovic! IIRC these come in at about 6k?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back