Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 problems

pcbung

Hi All,

I've had error codes come up for the MAF sensor which I have now replaced but since replacing I'm getting the code P0194 which relates to Fuel rail pressure (FRP) sensor -circuit intermittent.

When it first occured car would stall after reving or pressing clutch down ready to hear down at a roundabout, it now seems to have stabled out but idle rpm is at 680, and getting quiet abit of hesitation at around 2k rpm.

Any ideas what to check first?

To be honest your now dealing with the high pressure cicuit of the fuel system so a garage is what i would recomend due to the pressures involved.

You could have a fault with the high pressure pump or the sensor .. a little work with a laptop and looking at values would be the first thing i would do .

Unplug the new maf and drive it round the block - does it still do it?

Unplug the MAF now and it runs like crap, where as previously running around without MAF was the best drive I've ever had!

EDIT: thinking about it unplugging the MAF caused the car to stall, it wouldn't settle at idling

I dont think my previous post was very clear ... please get the high pressure pump checked .

The values can only be checked with a tester .. its very high pressure to the point i would not recomend anyone who is not familiar with the system to touch it ... basically its dangerous .

The fault code refers to system pressure so a check of this system is whats needed .

Demort said:
I dont think my previous post was very clear ... please get the high pressure pump checked .

The values can only be checked with a tester .. its very high pressure to the point i would not recomend anyone who is not familiar with the system to touch it ... basically its dangerous .

The fault code refers to system pressure so a check of this system is whats needed .

Hi, I understood the first time I was simply replying to the other person's reply.

pcbung said:
Unplug the MAF now and it runs like crap, where as previously running around without MAF was the best drive I've ever had!

EDIT: thinking about it unplugging the MAF caused the car to stall, it wouldn't settle at idling

Something else is definitely broken, as above take it to a pro - high pressure fuel systems are not the business of hobby mechanics

Going to drop it in at Revolution Porsche when I have chance. Might be a month away with how busy the diary is getting / holidays.

I'll keep you all updated.

Got the car back today from Revolution Porsche, all fixed. They cleaned out the throttle body, inlets, and reset the throttle body and now car idle as it should and no EML anymore.

Looks like the throttle body was adapted to the old faulty MAF and when the new MAF was put in the throttle body was still at the old settings.

Just need some good weather now to get some nice drives in!

ARGH!

So I've covered about 1-2k miles since my last post and car's been perfect. I started it up last Sunday and nipped in the house to collect something came back out and I noticed the car seemed to be hunting the revs!

I carried on with my drive and covered a good 400-500 miles in North Yorkshire, never missed a beat and it was idling spot on, warm starts were fine too.

I've started the car again since (cold) and its hunting the revs until the engine is fully warm then its fine. I've also noticed when cold and tootling along the car seems to put the power on then take it off, you feel to be rocking back and forth, again this goes once warmed up.

No CEL and 100% only happens when cold, soon as temp gets to 80c and everything warms up it disappears

Any ideas?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back