Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Immobilisers - Anti Hijack etc

v8fettler

Silverstone
I've just seen a great product, only to find it doesn work with my 997.2 Turbo... :x

It's an immobiliser which uses the Can-Bus system to prevent your car from starting unless youve pressed a configurable set of buttons in your car (anything thats linked via Can-Bus - Paddles etc)

So, now I got excited about a good product i cant have, does anyone have any ideas about what 'IS' available for the 997.2 Turbo?

Remembering back to when I had my S2000, there were ones you could get that would stop the car starting straight away (if someone took your keys), but also it would shut the car down after a minute or so, if the drivers door was opened, and the code not put in again. This would be great, as it either;'
A) lets the madman that robbed you of your car get far enough away that you dont get beat up for the code (especialy if the wifes driving it)
B) gives you chance to pass a hardware shop in the mile or so chasing said loony, to pick up something long/heavy or short/sharp to hit him with.

I remeber a freind of mine had a little keypad with just two buttons on it, and you had to punch a little morse code into it. very quick, very subtle, but did the job very well.

Any suggestions guys, bearing in mind I dont want to replace the entire Porsche system, merely add another level to it...

Thanks

Are you thinking of something similar to Clifford Blackjax?

I had a great one on my GTR I want to get on the 997.2 Turbo I'm picking up tomorrow

it had a hidden button behind some leather, unless you pressed there the car would warn you then immobilises after a few minutes. Litchfields fitted it for £150

there was a hidden no/off switch good when you took it for a service

Graemep said:
Are you thinking of something similar to Clifford Blackjax?

That looks like a nice bit of kit :thumb: :thumb:

Is it the Autotech Ghost that wasn't compatible with your car ?

If you are referring to the Autowatch Ghost immobiliser then it depends on the year of your car. I'm led to believe that the later 997's are compatible with this immobiliser as there appeared to be some sort of tech crossover with the incoming 991 model which allowed the compatibility. I'm not sure how would confirm this though. It was mentioned on here a few months back but can't remember which thread it was in.

Yes, it was the Ghost type one, but I saw it through the German tuner guys, the name escapes me....

And yes, it was the Blackjax system, so I've looked again at this, but my concern is that all the fitteres seem to be these corner shop affairs, and I just dont fancy handing my keys over to some muppets who might;

A) Damage the car in any way, either butchery when fitting it, or just carelessnes because they've been working on Max Power cars since they began... :pc:

B) Go for a run to the chip shop in it.. :evil:

C) Use my customer details to come get the car when I'm not about... :eek:

Need a reputable guy/place really...

If Litchfield have a solution, then I'm all for that!! Any more detail on that? Model type? Who had it done?

Thanks

toffeeman said:
If you are referring to the Autowatch Ghost immobiliser then it depends on the year of your car. I'm led to believe that the later 997's are compatible with this immobiliser as there appeared to be some sort of tech crossover with the incoming 991 model which allowed the compatibility. I'm not sure how would confirm this though. It was mentioned on here a few months back but can't remember which thread it was in.

Hey this sounds promising, mines a 2010 so might be too early still, but Ill ask them when I find the details...

Cheers! :thumbs:

v8fettler said:
toffeeman said:

Hey this sounds promising, mines a 2010 so might be too early still, but Ill ask them when I find the details...

Cheers! :thumbs:

Do your research and check but I'd agree with you in that I think your 2010 car might be too early.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back