Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I'm not a fan...

phil84afc

Morning chaps,

Advice needed please - very recently the fan by the drivers side front wheel is in use after a drive (happened a few times now and never before) and curiously there is some condensation in the headlights as well, but not if I don't drive the car.

Assume it isn't heating the engine so any ideas as to what could be the reason a fan I have no idea what is for is now suddenly working? Apologies if my explanation is a little retarded... :dont know:

I think i know what you mean .. you havent herd the front frans work before but now the drivers side seems very loud but not the passenger one ?

If so then the 987 is a variable speed on the cooling fans and if one side gets stuck the car knows this and runs the other side full speed as a safety measure.

Normally with keys out of the ignition and the car on a full lock you can flick the fan with a screwdriver which should free if off , you go in through the grill vents in the front wheel arch liner .

Possible a small stone stopping the passenger side fan working and it makes the other fan work twice as hard.

I used to get this quite often.

You need to free the stuck fan and all will be good.

Thanks guys - how do you get the stuck fan free?

Demort (resident tech supremo) stated it above. Get the steering on full lock, with the ignition off. Look towards the front of the car in the arch, you will see slats/venting, should be able to poke something through to the fan blades and give them a little nudge.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back