Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Best place for Boxster calliper refurb?

BenC

good evening Boxster friends.

Where would you guys go to get a pair of callipers refurbed?

I've had a quote back from a company at just over £500 for a pair, which seems steep to me.

(that £500 was for calliper strip, rebuild and paint black)

Thanks in advance :)

BenC said:
good evening Boxster friends.

Where would you guys go to get a pair of callipers refurbed?

I've had a quote back from a company at just over £500 for a pair, which seems steep to me.

(that £500 was for calliper strip, rebuild and paint black)

Thanks in advance :)

That price seems fair - I looked around last year at another provider in South East and the price for all 4 calipers rebuild and respray lacquer etc. came to around £900 + Indy charge to remove, courier, return courier and refit on the car (so more than £1000 all in). The firm I enquired with did not provide the Porsche logo/decal citing trademark infringement laws and stated I'd have to buy the logo off the internet and stick that on myself after they did the job!

An independent high-end Bodyshop that deals with Ferrari, Lambo's and classic car restorations quoted around £900 all-in as no need to send callipers to a third party. This Bodyshop did not offer cosmetic caliper refurbs to remove, respray and re-lacquer. I saw their work on a few examples and it was to a very high standard. In their experience only a full strip down, rebuild with new seals etc. will be done by them as they see too many seized pistons etc. Cosmetic refurb co's seem to be scarce.

Also try Thomas as Pro Calipers (proper job, with all Brembo parts to refurbish, and top notch finish)

Tomas may be the best but he is the one that told me he does not provide the Porsche logo due to getting in some bother with Porsche over trademark infringement. I could not see any benefit of having to source my own logos and sticking them on afterwards myself. Unless he does stick them on but remains silent about it after having a bit of a brush with Porsche in the past about this?

One thing I do agree is is that its better to go for a strip and rebuild rather than a cosmetic refurb.

RobIpswichUK said:
Also try Thomas as Pro Calipers (proper job, with all Brembo parts to refurbish, and top notch finish)

thanks for the options - I will contact Thomas for a quote

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back