Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Unicorn that is really a beast

Main Force Patrol

So.... I survived my trip to the French Alps for a weeks skiing and as planned I picked up my Unicorn from the Lake District.
First reflections and comments :-
* Is it just me or when you pick a new car do you see disaster at every corner, bend, traffic lights, junction and crossing ?
* It seemed a shame to add over a hundred miles to the Speedo just on the motorway, but having said that it was a nervous drive back anyway :sad:
* I almost doubled the mpg by cruising @ 70mph, which was good :D
* It's a very tractable engine, since I was very respectful of the power on tap, I was also shocked how easy it is to drive, once of course I got over my first stall :floor:
* People stared at me ( or is it the car ? ) :oops:
* I love the gear change, once I got the hang of the clutch bite point and release, the short shifter upgrade seems very good, although in fairness I don't have a comparison
* I have realised I need to work through the options and 'learn' their function, for example I seem to have lost my electric mirror positioning after I turned off the engine !?
* When I just touched the right peddle too much, I love the response, I think it will become more than addictive :thumbs:
* Mrs MFP loves my new car too, always handy come service time :grin:

Next steps, clean, admire and drive, in 3 months 111point check and OPC Warranty for 2 years purchase. Hey it's only money !

p.s. Whoops ! Sorry for those who have no idea what my Unicorn is.... 997 Turbo in Guards Red, low miles, Aero Kit & 3 pages of OPC fitted extras :thumbs:

I've always wanted to do this ....

:useless:

hedgehogsdad said:
I've always wanted to do this ....

:useless:

Sorry, just back from holidays and I haven't learned that 'skill' yet !

May I cast into a pit of TR7 owners talking about their cars with no alcohol to comfort me :evil:

Photo

Mod edit, topics merged.

A photo from the garage...

Attachments

• 84cf6139_53c3_4220_8d7a_42540de0bf10_151.jpeg
    84cf6139_53c3_4220_8d7a_42540de0bf10_151.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 5,424
very nice

:thumbs:

Well done MFP. You now have one of my favourite cars on the forum :thumb:
I know what you mean about numpties hiding behind every street corner and pulling out of every parking bay when you are driving such a thing of beauty. It's like a magnet for the incompetent types to be drawn towards with their incredulous decision making!

Scholester said:
I know what you mean about numpties hiding behind every street corner and pulling out of every parking bay when you are driving such a thing of beauty. It's like a magnet for the incompetent types to be drawn towards with their incredulous decision making!

Cheers Scholster....
Going to treat the car to a full tank of the good stuff, the garage topped the fuel tank with red diesel to get me home, seemed to run fine :floor:

MFP good to see you have picked up the beauty , it was a good decision to go for that one. hope to see it up close at some point maybe Dinslaken in May if your up for a hoon across Europe :thumb:

WOW , that's fantastic 8)

Wait until you get used to it, these cars are missiles. And mines just a C2S :grin:

Took me ages to find my preferred driving position and it makes such a difference.

Good luck mate :thumb:

Main Force Patrol said:
Scholester said:

Cheers Scholster....
Going to treat the car to a full tank of the good stuff, the garage topped the fuel tank with red diesel to get me home, seemed to run fine :floor:

Phew, seems like luck is on your side after all :grin:

I've come round to the view that all Turbo's should be Guards Red from the factory.

#becauseTurbo

:worship:

Main Force Patrol said:
* Is it just me or when you pick a new car do you see disaster at every corner, bend, traffic lights, junction and crossing ?

* It seemed a shame to add over a hundred miles to the speedo just on the motorway, but having said that it was a nervous drive back anyway :sad:

* I almost doubled the mpg by cruising @ 70mph, which was good :D

* It's a very tractable engine, since I was very respectful of the power on tap, I was also shocked how easy it is to drive, once of course I got over my first stall :floor:

* People stared at me (or is it the car?) :oops:

* When I just touched the right peddle too much, I love the response, I think it will become more than addictive :thumbs:

* Mrs SPG loves my new car too, always handy come service time :grin:

I seem to be - mostly - agreeing with you, Special Patrol Group:

Yes, your car becomes a knob magnet. See next comment.

Yes, I drove like a pussy the first time too.

Yes, cruising is very dull indeed. I managed to wangle my theoretical range up to about 890km or so. Until I left the motorway.

Yes, some hobo with a can of beer on the go at 0749 this morning gave me the come-hither this morning. I assume he was building up to a snarky comment but he couldn't qute get it out. #loveporsche

Yes, the right peddle is magic. Press down, and watch the fuel gauge head the other way.

And I rather hope that mrs SPG doesn't like the car. Or you may never see it again.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back