Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Nearly new 718 Boxster with almost £12,000 off list

Went round an OPC today, and it was jam packed with new Boxsters and Caymans in the showroom...

If you talk to someone who has one / has one on order then no :grin:

All I'm sayin' is that every time I go into an OPC there are 3-5 specced up cars in the showroom for sale :wink:

I've had a high specced loaner for 3 days and actually disliked it, all down to the engine and power delivery but I obviously have a true benchmark to compare directly to, for most buyers the reviews will simply put people off. The poor reviews for the GTS are the nail in the coffin for the current gen 718 IMHO and I genuinely believe 718 values after 3 years will take as big a hit as you can get in a porsche.
There is simply no way I would trade my 981 in for a 718 and that is large part of the problem, the cars are not attracting enough upgrades IMHO
I would rather pay more for a 981 GTS than a nearly new high spec 718 as I think the total cost of ownership would be less and its just a more fun car to drive......

There is actually a brand New Mexico blue Cayman S in my underground car park. It drove past me for the first time yesterday, looks gorgeous, sounds crap. When I drive my GTS in there the place rumbles and your hairs stand on end........

Selling nearly new cars for large discounts is just not a porsche thing :nooo:

Ordinarily I'd be all over that like a tramp on chips :what: as it's got all the extras you'd want. especially the Sports Chrono, in a good colour. OK I'd have to compromise on the lack of climate and just manual AC :roll:

Is that the 'old' low VED or is it in the new catagory :?:

Make you wonder what the trade in value was :?:

Ouch!

Great spec on the car but yet again no climate control :frustrated:

A lot of car for the money and I'm sure the new owner will be very happy (as it probably won't be someone who has owned a 981 :wack: ) but I have to wonder if this is an offloaded OPC demo car they could not shift :dont know:

Mrs sponge summed it up last month looking at one in OPC Leeds "is this a Porsche?" Enough said....

spongebob squarepants said:
Mrs sponge summed it up last month looking at one in OPC Leeds "is this a Porsche?" Enough said....

1st Time I heard one in ABZ OPC the head salesman clocked my disbelieving contorted face and asked me if I didn't like the new 718 ??

It sounded like a Subaru in a Porsche body........ I also couldn't buy one .... looks good , sounds terrible but the beat and the proper burble isn't there .... so why would anyone ?
Only a New buyer would consider one I think ......

but not for me ...

Each to their own but at £45k there are a lot of other cars I would buy over a 718.

Agreed with the comments on how hard the OPC's are finding it to shift them. They practically begged me to test drive one in Guildford.....

:eek: So, if I buy one of these I'll get tarred and feathered :what:

I heard a 718S in the wild a few months back, wide awake colour, but sounded very nice - either the PSE or some other exhaust :dont know:

My daily is a 4 pot turbo.

I would never want my special/weekend car to be one....

Zingari said:

I heard a 718S in the wild a few months back, wide awake colour, but sounded very nice - either the PSE or some other exhaust :dont know:
There was one on the PCGB trackday at Oulton in November and it sounded great at full tilt. :dont know:

Zingari said:

We have a shop 718s for development for exhaust, tuning, brake upgrades etc.

- Yes they sound different to the 981
- Is the sound bad? Not imo and it sounds nothing like a subaru on the road - it has a quite distinct sound and through the rev range the tone changes. It is just different, that is all.
- throttle response - I have not driven the 718 only the 718s. There is zero boost delay unlike some of the journals like autocar who claimed there was - in fact in sports plus mode boost is constant as can be seen on the dash.
- a 981 wouldn't see which way a 718s went there is that much difference in power delivery
- 718s stock around the ring is 7;46, gt4 is 7;42. Sportauto test and same driver. As Chris harris said if your in a gt4 and see a 718s behind you on the road you may as well pull over.
- a modified 718s will be an awesome track and road car.

At most OPC there is a 5-6 month wait to get a new car.

Ken

That car does look good in blue...

996ttalot said:
Zingari said:

We have a shop 718s for development for exhaust, tuning, brake upgrades etc.

- Yes they sound different to the 981
- Is the sound bad? Not imo and it sounds nothing like a subaru on the road - it has a quite distinct sound and through the rev range the tone changes. It is just different, that is all.
- throttle response - I have not driven the 718 only the 718s. There is zero boost delay unlike some of the journals like autocar who claimed there was - in fact in sports plus mode boost is constant as can be seen on the dash.
- a 981 wouldn't see which way a 718s went there is that much difference in power delivery
- 718s stock around the ring is 7;46, gt4 is 7;42. Sportauto test and same driver. As Chris harris said if your in a gt4 and see a 718s behind you on the road you may as well pull over.
- a modified 718s will be an awesome track and road car.

At most OPC there is a 5-6 month wait to get a new car.

Ken

I've just taken delivery of a new 718 2Lt and it's great, sound is different but still loud and a good allround car. :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back