Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New owner Gen 2 997 Cab

Nick W858

All, been lurking for years and learning lots, including one summer holiday much to my wife's annoyance when I read every post on every thread on the site!
Finally realised my ambition at the grand old age of 49 to own a 911, a kind colleague lent me hers last summer for a fortnight, she needed a car with a bigger boot and I wanted to try the 911 so she took my Lexus ISF and I borrowed her 2011 S cabriolet, the weather was kind and the whole family loved the car.
Fast forward 5 months and after much searching finally got my hands on a black S PDK cab, picked her up yesterday on her 7th birthday, 38000 miles on the clock, always and still under Porsche warranty and with a few key extras I was after (PSE/sports chrono/PASM).
Looked great yesterday when I picked her up freshly valeted then not so good after a 120 mile drive home to Nottinghamshire from Chester, black was not my first choice and have never owned a black car before but the spec, condition, history and price was ultimately more important than the colour. In my eyes they all look good to me and cleaning it will be fun too. So just wanted to say thank you because all your posts really helped me get to grips with what 911 ownership might look like. When I get it clean again will post some pictures.

Enjoy ... I also have a gen ll cab ... best car I ever owned

Congrats mate, I had an ISF before my 911. Great car and in an ideal world you'd have both in your garage

Yes they are great cars, this was my second ISF, first one went with 120k on the clock and the second with 95k - no issues with either and that 5.0 V8 is lovely. I was tempted to run both but I also have an ageing LS400 which is almost 20 years old and I have owned it for 15 of them, it has about 300k on the clock but I use it as my winter runaround now (on winter wheels/tyres) and I just cannot bring myself to sell it, so it was the ISF that had to go.

A belated :welcome: to 911uk Nick and :congrats: on becoming a 911 owner.

After 3 years of lurking you've now run out of reasons for not being a regular poster. :thumb:

Congrats Nick, having just picked up my black gen 2 cabriolet a week ago...I know exactly how you must be feeling! :D :D :D

Welcome Nick, and congrats on finally finding the car for you. hope to see more posts from you as you get more into 911 ownership. After 3 years of Lurking you probably know most of us already :grin: look forward to seeing you at one of the meets in 2018. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back