Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tip of my C has fallen off

Urban Ranger

Not played with her in a while so took her out for a polish. Got around the back of her and found the tip of my C was missing.

Anyone on here who can recommend a place to buy an OEM replacement Carrera emblem without having to pay PAT (Porsche Added Tax) prices?

Any suggestions welcome as she looks pitiful without the tip of her C :sad:

Attachments

• 8b9913c6_06da_4a09_9052_9c48f5a94d2b_196.jpeg
    8b9913c6_06da_4a09_9052_9c48f5a94d2b_196.jpeg
    451.3 KB · Views: 4,822
Drop me a message I've got one going spare you can have it for a few quid. You'll just need some new double sided tape to attach it.

Price from Porsche isnt actually that bad, you only need the Carrera badge, not the 4S part. Exactly the same happened to me. What finish is the one you have? Duller silver or bright? there are different ones.....

resigner said:
Price from Porsche isnt actually that bad, you only need the Carrera badge, not the 4S part. Exactly the same happened to me. What finish is the one you have? Duller silver or bright? there are different ones.....

It's a bright silver one. Agree just the Carrera needed. I will need to make sure I get the right one. I've bought wrong parts in the past because of something as simple as that.

elliot_holder said:
Drop me a message I've got one going spare you can have it for a few quid. You'll just need some new double sided tape to attach it.

PM sent but not sure it's gone as can't see it in my sent box.

The Carrera badge is a one piece badge , i can only suggest OPC im afraid but when you do come to change it then use masking tape on the old badge before removeing it to give you the correct position when replaceing it.

Getting the old double sided tape off is the worst part !

Thanks for that advice I thought the tape removal would be the difficult part. Been looking on YouTube how to do it. At least it's a winter garage job for me I guess :?:

Its a job i tend to leave to the Valeters .. they are far better than me ..

I have in the past used a finger nail to scrape it off but it does really need some compound (T cut ) to clean the area before fitting the new one , you will have a shadow of the old badge though .. try to get it on top .

Just mask under and to the sides of the old one to get a position before removeing as it will make life a lot easier when fitting the new one .

I purchased a adhesive removal tool, like a soft rubber circular buffer , pop in a drill and it removed the residue when I changed the badge letters on my Range Rover, took minutes I'd still be there if wasn't for that, doesn't mark paint like fingernails either.

Just be careful because there seams nto be two shades of the silver badges.

Cheers for all the advice and replies gents. Plan of action; find out the PAT price and correct part number, then see if it can be found cheaper elsewhere. Got everything I'll need to replace it in the garage already, just some glue de solvit type stuff needed.

I'll update you all on my success or not in due course :pc:

Thanks for the link with part numbers. As ever the spirit of 911 help has proved invaluable.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back