Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Replacement standard engine mounts

searider

Evening all,

My 1997 C2 is running well at the moment and replacement rear coffin arms has sharpened things up.

However, there's still a little take up / slack when moving away and I'm wondering if the engine mounts might be a little slack at 70000 miles.

I've read the "how tos" on changing the engine mounts and it looks straightforward.

What do I fit as replacements though and where is best to get them from?

I won't ever be doing track days and simply want something that locates the engine, are quiet and don't transmit vibration into the cabin.

Std Porsche? The ones fitted have lasted 70000 miles!
Any OEM quality pattern parts?

I've seen mention of a 964RS mount as an alternative at what looks like a lowish price. Is this harder than standard?

Is there a gearbox mount I should be looking at too?

Cheers

Duncan

I would go for standard mounts or RSS if you want to sharpen it up a little. You do get slightly more noise/vibration though. I have them on my turbo and really like them.

MC

MisterCorn said:
I would go for standard mounts or RSS if you want to sharpen it up a little. You do get slightly more noise/vibration though. I have them on my turbo and really like them.

MC

Sorry to be a bit dense - but what's RSS?

searider said:
MisterCorn said:

MC

Sorry to be a bit dense - but what's RSS?

Found them!

Cheers, so:

RSS ones recommended - but "might" transmit a little more vibration.

Porsche about £160 each.

Rockauto about £120 a pair delivered. Thought to be the same as the porsche ones?

Think I might just try the rockauto ones.

Thanks all.

I'm ordering a pair from Rockauto in the next couple of days too.

I've just ordered a pair from Rockauto £104.03 delivered. I think it's plus import duty. 4-12 days delivery.

MMT said:
I've just ordered a pair from Rockauto £104.03 delivered. I think it's plus import duty. 4-12 days delivery.

That was cheap, coming out at £94.39 for two mounts + £32.53 for delivery which seems a bit stiff.

rhino-man said:
MMT said:

That was cheap, coming out at £94.39 for two mounts + £32.53 for delivery which seems a bit stiff.

I've just ordered from there too. Don't forget they are coming from the US.

why do I bother

In a comedy of errors, I thought I would fit my new mounts. Fitting with all new bolts, one last tweak, the ***** snapped of, despite being a new 8.8 bolt it just snapped....
ok drill it out and the drill snaps off, despite using low pressure, it snapped as it was about to break through.

so what next??

any ideas welcome.

Attachments

• img_20180102_202126_673.jpg
    img_20180102_202126_673.jpg
    809.5 KB · Views: 4,646
  • img_20180102_202109_142.jpg
    img_20180102_202109_142.jpg
    683.1 KB · Views: 4,646
searider said:
rhino-man said:
MMT said:

Mine were £92.94 plus £11.09 shipping. I've just input the order again and the shipping I picked isn't showing now. I think it's was something like economy 4-15 days.

MMT said:
searider said:
rhino-man said:
MMT said:

Mine were £92.94 plus £11.09 shipping. I've just input the order again and the shipping I picked isn't showing now. I think it's was something like economy 4-15 days.

That explains it then, price difference is just exchange rate I expect but perhaps the shipping options vary from time to time.

rhino-man said:
MMT said:
searider said:
rhino-man said:
MMT said:

That explains it then, price difference is just exchange rate I expect but perhaps the shipping options vary from time to time.

Somebody posted a 5% off code which I used and may account for the price difference.
I've got a tracking number and mine are on their way with DHL.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron2325
Back