Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Advice on mounting M96 on engine stand

MisterCorn

Fuji
I have seen the Porsche p201 engine yoke available for sale but that appears to be only for the earlier air cooled engines. I was wondering if there is something similar for the 996 and 997 Carrera engines so that I can mount the engine onto the engine stand and be able to disassemble it completely?
What other people are doing for this and is it a major problem not being able to split the case halves whilst the engine is on the stand? If not I could always just use the standard engine stand that I have now and attach the case halves directly to that.

Any thoughts appreciated.

MC

I spilt mine down on a very clean workbench but used a regular draper engine stand picking up on the case to gearbox lugs for assembly as it makes things somewhat easier being able to rotate the entire assembly to work with the chains which are akward once the left case half with crank and carrier are mounted.

:thumb:

infrasilver said:
Bog standard stand for me too but when coming to split the cases I just had it mounted with two bolts as there isn't so much weight on the engine wither heads etc removed.

That was my thinking. I'll most likely go that route.

MC

If you are worried about weight on the lugs I think it's possible with some giggery to get 3 of the 4 arms onto one case half :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwarren1
Back