Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 4S (sub 50k miles) - whats it worth ?

vroomvroom

I'm buying, potentially

A full serice history, regularly mot'ed 993 4S (even though its done vey few miles over the last 10 years, the owners still saw fit to mot and service
:thumb: )

nice colour, manual, sub 50k miles

I think it can be had for sub £60k

I'm so out of touch with prices, is this about right ?

I considered a few narrow bodied cars but , they all appear at £40k+ for higher milers that need work.

Well sorted, wide body car , with much less miles for only £15k more sounds like a bargain -

PS

I ASSUME

this write off is nothng to worry about ??

- against the private plate after it was taken off the car and on a differnt model ?

Attachments

• 992_4s__179.jpg
    992_4s__179.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 4,770
You need to do some research on that plate and get cast iron evidence that it doesn't involve the 911.
Always remember you are buying for the next owner as well and you don't want to have to explain this when you sell.

Is that the 'trade' price which would I suspect be right. Private it sounds cheap but that depends on condition and how much dough needs sinking into it. Who's selling it a certain army doctor named George :dont know:

It's clearly too much for me at that start price, but then we all know that :bandit:

If its clean and in decent condition and Colour combo its an £80k+ car at one of the recognised indy's.

Its cheap as one of them would give more than £60k for it trade :judge:

vroomvroom said:
I'm buying, potentially

A full serice history, regularly mot'ed 993 4S (even though its done vey few miles over the last 10 years, the owners still saw fit to mot and service
:thumb: )

nice colour, manual, sub 50k miles

I think it can be had for sub £60k

I'm so out of touch with prices, is this about right ?

I considered a few narrow bodied cars but , they all appear at £40k+ for higher milers that need work.

Well sorted, wide body car , with much less miles for only £15k more sounds like a bargain -

Is it Arena Red/Cashmere 1997 ?

ALL STOP

The guy is selling two cars (both Porsche - both rareish)
Car A and a 993 - 4S, in his add he then goes on to list two prices
Circa £90k and circa £60k.

I ASSUMED that price A applied to car A and the second price applied to the second car (the 9934S)

Guess i was wrong - pants cost me £20 in a HPI check.

Never mind bit of xmas treasurer hunting :floor:

back to as you were

jonttt said:
If its clean and in decent condition and Colour combo its an £80k+ car at one of the recognised indy's.

Its cheap as one of them would give more than £60k for it trade :judge:

:hand: Don't bet on it chum.

Unless this chap live in a cave or somewhere with no electricity/internet I'm surprised he hasn't hawked it round dealers to float the price. If he's had it serviced every year then sense would dictate he'd ask the garage an idea what it's worth instead of picking a number from a Sinclair calculator :dont know:

That said I know of someone who picked up a 964C4 2yrs back for £5k. It went to auction and sold for just shy of 43 bags :bandit:

tyinsky said:
£60k would be right for a C4S with less than 50k miles. end of.

Fixed that for you :thumb:

Merry Christmas one and all :roll:

The OP has already confirmed he got the price wrong and its up for £90k. Prices are still rising but there will always be cars on the edges until the market catches up. This one is dealer money so will be hard to achieve from a private sale with no warranty. I would guess that as Zingari states (but for the wrong reasons as it turns out :hand: ) the seller has been quoted £70-80k to the trade depending on its condition and is trying there luck as no rush to sell at the retail price.

That's the thing with the wide body market, most sellers don't need to sell but may like to sell, that makes a massive difference to the market in a positive way :thumb:

Hmmm...

I couldn't make sense of this thread from start to finish !!!

I'm still lost !

apart from Zingari's reference to ' The Doc'................!! :wink: :wink:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back