Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hot rear tyres with a Top Gear exhaust???

Grey996

Nurburgring
Hi,

I fitted TG back boxes a month or so ago but now when I get out of the car, even after my traffic restricted commute there's a smell of hot rubber from the rear (!). If I feel the tyres the tread is fine but the inside edge is warm to the touch. It must be heat transferred from the exhaust which I'm surprised doesn't have a heat sheild, is this normal or should I be concerned?

Thanks, yes it did it with standard boxes but not as bad.

I suppose the tyres can take quite a bit of heat before it becomes a problem, I'll probably just have to drive faster to get some more air flowing!

Op are you pleased with the the boxes? How is the sound?
Rick

Yes very pleased with the sound, I went for the louder ones and they sound great especially when you put your foot down. There is a bit of a drone at constant speed but for the price I can live with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back