Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I'm coming back to Porsche !!!

shabs

Monza
Hi Guys,

A few years ago I had a Gen 1 c2s which I absolutely adored. After 3 years of Porsche ownership I was persuaded to try a Bentley Continental GT by a couple of "Bentley boys"

The Bentley GT (Mulliner spec in Black) is a truly awesome car with staggering power, refinement and presence, I really can't fault it, except.....

I missed the buzz and involvement of driving my Porsche (and I am no racing driver!) Its odd but every time I looked at my driveway when opening the front door of my house....I got a real thrill from seeing my 997 sitting there, ready for action! I just didn't feel that with the Bentley.

So...this Saturday, there will be a lovely Gen 2 c4s PDK convertible (courtesy of Cameron Porsche) sitting on the drive, in Black, with pse, sport chrono plus, adaptive sports seats etc..

I have barely slept the last few days, waiting to pick up my car!!!!

The other thing I love about these cars, is this forum, believe it or not! There is so much useful and helpful stuff on here, that I continued to read it even when I had the Bentley.

Looking forward to contributing again, Hi to all !!

:D :D :D

Well done Shabs.
I too returned to Porsche after dalliances with TVR and BMW.
The P car certainly gets you and leaves such an impression that it may never leave!
:thumb:

Thank you... I totally agree...I feel I will be driving 911s until I can no longer get in (or out!) of them!....pure addiction!

The obligatory photos, I am sure, will be posted as soon as you have it on the drive!?

Welcome back Shabs, been a while mate, those bentleys are nice but too much luxury and not enough raw sports car.
You will like the gen2 its a step forward from your silver gen1 with the topgear exhaust.
I have also changed to a gen2 4S and the gen1 with the acid green has found a new home :thumb: pics of your new toy when it arrives. :thumb:

Welcome back and good decision!

Your right it's a great forum!

Nice one :thumb: roll on Saturday

Thanks very much guys...I forgot how exciting Porsche ownership is....literally waking up in the middle of the night to watch gratuitous videos......of 997's :floor:

Phil, well remembered, yes the big bore exhaust with switchable valves was one of my best purchases for the last c2s...great sound. That is an almighty mean looking c4s you have there...certainly a stand out car!!

HSC911 I will try and attach the link, but in case it doesnt work...its on Cameron Porsche webpage..the Black c4s convertible with 53800 miles (more about that another time!)

Feel like I'm properly back in the 911 community....it's great :D :D :D

shabs said:
Thanks very much guys...I forgot how exciting Porsche ownership is....literally waking up in the middle of the night to watch gratuitous videos......of 997's :floor:

Phil, well remembered, yes the big bore exhaust with switchable valves was one of my best purchases for the last c2s...great sound. That is an almighty mean looking c4s you have there...certainly a stand out car!!

HSC911 I will try and attach the link, but in case it doesnt work...its on Cameron Porsche webpage..the Black c4s convertible with 53800 miles (more about that another time!)

Feel like I'm properly back in the 911 community....it's great :D :D :D

Thanks Shabs :floor: Well you know I am a shy wall flower type so the car needed to be just as restrained and subtle as me :grin: :grin: :grin:
do you know your car is still the video they use on the topgear website to demonstrate the valvetronic exhaust for the 997.1. :thumb:

Phil, life is too short to be a shy a retiring wallflower, you know my motto..buy it, drive it, enjoy it!

Lol...I should be on royalties for that video!!...I still have it on my phone.

Driving back to London from Topgear exhausts that day was unforgettable :D

shabs said:
Phil, life is too short to be a shy a retiring wallflower, you know my motto..buy it, drive it, enjoy it!

I remember how buzzing you were mate, wonder how many weeks go by before you say getting a haywood and scott rear muffler delete for the gen2 :floor: :floor:

Phil 997 said:
shabs said:

I remember how buzzing you were mate, wonder how many weeks go by before you say getting a haywood and scott rear muffler delete for the gen2 :floor: :floor:
Here you go again phil making people spend money, you are a bad man!!

silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
shabs said:

Here you go again phil making people spend money, you are a bad man!!

:floor: :floor: :floor: Chris what can I say , other than Shabs needed to increase the sound og his gen1 so I know he will want to do something with his gen2. I feel I am more of a guide sent from the dark side to help people cross over.I am almost saintly even :floor: :floor: :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back