Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 PDK Gearbox Tuning is finally here :D

AdeD

Sao Paulo
Pretty cool, I wonder how close they can get it to the 991 units.

Ah, *****. Just when I thought I could ease off the brakes and stop the modifications.

This looks interesting, in that raises the shift points, reduces clutch slip, and increases speed of change but one of the things I would really want from a PDK software remap is simply have to have that full throttle kickdown feature removed from manual mode. It really compromises the PDK. :frustrated: Maybe it's available on a custom basis, not as part of the Off The Shelf offering.

Sorry for being a thicko- But how the hell to those Cobb access port things work?? Do you pair them with your ECU or something??

S'bleedin' witchcraft I tell thee.... :?

Norfolk & Idea said:
Sorry for being a thicko- But how the hell to those Cobb access port things work?? Do you pair them with your ECU or something??

Basically yes. :D

AdeD said:
Norfolk & Idea said:

Basically yes. :D

MaxA said:
...one of the things I would really want from a PDK software remap is simply have to have that full throttle kickdown feature removed from manual mode. It really compromises the PDK. :frustrated:

Dragging up an old thread to echo this general complaint. Loving my Turbo S but what is the best way to disable kickdown altogether? Quite happy (much happier thank you very much!) selecting my own gears. That way, I know where I stand!

mr pg said:
Flick it into manual rather leaving in auto.

It still kicks down in manual mode if you press the accelerator through the kickdown step at the end of its travel - say on a race track.

MaxA said:
mr pg said:
Flick it into manual rather leaving in auto.

It still kicks down in manual mode if you press the accelerator through the kickdown step at the end of its travel - say on a race track.

Yep exactly. I find it unsettling both to my concentration and to chassis stability when it happens unexpectedly!

As far as I can tell so far, some people have fixed it by replacing the mechanical "switch" after 100% throttle with a "stop". Happy to do this if I can source the (custom made) part. I almost prefer this to coding it out, as I find the little mechanical click at 100% to be a distraction. Could happily live without kickdown in all circumstances.

I'll take one if you find out who makes the mechanical stop... mostly I've managed to avoid the unintended kickdown, but if you get too enthusiastic, it's irritating.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back