Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

ESMotor - another new World Record!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdeD

Sao Paulo
Just seen on Instagram that ESMotor have just smashed another world record, this time for the fastest Porsche over a 1/4 mile recording a time of 7.95 seconds with their 997 Turbo! The first Porsche to crack sub 8 seconds!

I'm also told it does 100 - 200 kph in 2.1 secs!!!! Flippin insane!

These guys are unstoppable at the minute owning almost every record, so pleased for them :D

7.xx anything is fair motoring on, that's for sure. Congratulations to ES for cracking the 8 second mark.

Having been in a genuine 8 second car on the road before now, I can personally confirm that anything faster than that must feel barking mad to drive :thumb: :eek:

It all gets a bit pointless way before this stage imo. Sledgehammer straight line speed is for dragsters.
A 911 turbo has many more attributes other than monster take off rates.
That said, it's always good to test boundaries and know at what point your engine will melt :)

Wow. That is serious stuff indeed. Superb stuff. Congrats to ES Motors and their staff

That is an amazing feat! Ade is their tiptronic car? Being a 997.1 and can not be PDK so must be manual or tip....

911tom said:
That is an amazing feat! Ade is their tiptronic car? Being a 997.1 and can not be PDK so must be manual or tip....

Was a tip. Swapped out for a sequential

Ur next mod? :whistle:

Are you happy with how yours is running since VMAX? This is best time of year to use a turbo - hope yours isn't still sitting at FS.

Awesome Lads :worship:

Oh that makes a lot of sense! I think a sequential would be really hard to live with day to day.

No the car is back at home.... Engine however is still at FS in flat pack form :roll: Hopefully it will be back together soon in the new year.

911tom said:
Oh that makes a lot of sense! I think a sequential would be really hard to live with day to day.

No the car is back at home.... Engine however is still at FS in flat pack form :roll: Hopefully it will be back together soon in the new year.

I'm sorry to hear this mate. I think you've been extremely patient with FS. Not sure others would be as understanding as you have. I was considering contacting Matt on the back of your recommendation. Wouldn't go near them after your experience for a 996 turbo engine build - seems like inexperience I'm afraid to say. VMAX was back in Sept and 3/4 months ago? I can not believe your engines still in pieces? Not good enough :sad:

There is a good reason why it has sat in the state it is in which I can not go in to. It is not just a case of Matt choosing not to start it. However it should all be happening from now :thumbs:

The reason the car is home now is I have finally had the paintwork done so it is looking mint now. I'm going to sit it in the garage for next 4 weeks so the paint can harden ready for PPF to be applied. Then hopefully straight to FS for the engine to go back in. I would not be driving it this time of year any way, too much crud on the road, that and I would not want to get any stone chips before the PPF has been installed.

Desert Dragon, have you got yourself a 911 yet / decided on a route for tuning?

Donor cars very dear at the mo Tom and I'm in no rush have lots of other interesting cars to tinker with. Depends whether I manage to get an old clapped out 996 or 997 Turbo preferably with a blown engine and in terms of set up looking a new offerings from Garrett and Xona. Smaller but equally powerful turbos like Xona 3073 that hopefully work well on pump fuel without needing meth or race fuel my preference . Something similar to your 3076 set up with a bit less lag is the sweet spot for my use.

I think the mustard test for yours will be the next VMAX. If the engine or gearbox don't make it through running 0-300 in 23 secs it will just reinforce my view about giving it to someone like ES to build rather than different bits from different suppliers. I don't think there's anyone can touch ES' engine builds at the mo looking at the records they set with their demo mezger 997. I

AdeD said:
the fastest Porsche over a 1/4 mile recording a time of 7.95 seconds with their 997 Turbo! The first Porsche to crack sub 8 seconds!

:worship:

:thumb:

Desert Dragon said:
Donor cars very dear at the mo Tom and I'm in no rush have lots of other interesting cars to tinker with. Depends whether I manage to get an old clapped out 996 or 997 Turbo preferably with a blown engine and in terms of set up looking a new offerings from Garrett and Xona. Smaller but equally powerful turbos like Xona 3073 that hopefully work well on pump fuel without needing meth or race fuel my preference . Something similar to your 3076 set up with a bit less lag is the sweet spot for my use.

I think the mustard test for yours will be the next VMAX. If the engine or gearbox don't make it through running 0-300 in 23 secs it will just reinforce my view about giving it to someone like ES to build rather than different bits from different suppliers. I don't think there's anyone can touch ES' engine builds at the mo looking at the records they set with their demo mezger 997. I

The inrush of boost in my car was crazy and probably did not help the gearbox. If you want it for track use then yes I agree smaller less laggy turbos would be preferable. 9e have done a 996 build alongside FRP's. This one was more for road use so they went with the small Xona turbos I believe. The results were really good.
If you want one with a blown engine then it might be worth chatting with ES to see what they are doing with the 996 that went pop at vmax. Last time I was at FS it was sat outside still.... Looks like a decent car if I remember right, black, GT2 bits etc.

AdeD said:
Just seen on Instagram that ESMotor have just smashed another world record, this time for the fastest Porsche over a 1/4 mile recording a time of 7.95 seconds with their 997 Turbo! The first Porsche to crack sub 8 seconds!

I'm also told it does 100 - 200 kph in 2.1 secs!!!! Flippin insane!

These guys are unstoppable at the minute owning almost every record, so pleased for them :D

I heard over 1800HP, impressive :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back