Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New ( almost ) 2008 997 Turbo at OPC Chester

The link isn't taking me there but obviously a collector bailing on an investment.
Perhaps he feels interest rates are on the rise and it'll impact the market. Time to sell.... who knows :dont know:
Maybe he's just needing funds, divorce on the horizon.... tax bill...

Showing 2 previous owners too! So this will be the third time it's sold with sub-100 miles!

The previous owners must have lived close to the mot station :dont know:

Can't be many around with that mileage, just imagine how many times thats been started on a bone dry engine !!

If it was a manual it would be worth......

1 million dollars
happy112.gif

Test Drive

I'm popping into Chester sometime in the next few weeks, do you think they let take it for a long test drive ? :whistle:

What a waste! Seems an odd choice of car to buy as a 100% investment. A real shame as now it will never ever be driven. It would likely fall apart if it was driven.

Madness at that price :floor: :floor:

My guess is there is some sun bleaching on the rear shelf where the deceased's trilby was left :what:

My man maths don't see this as an 'investment' at all :roll:

http://locator.porsche.com/ipl-customer/ipl/results/list.ipl?cid=4

Search by reg date

Pic below...

The problem the car has is that 9 years later is not long enough for it to be a collectors car, when it's not an S and the 997 Turbo is still to fresh in the forecourt memory and a 991 Turbo can be had for about the same dough.

To who ever buys this car, you need to put it away for 10 years then the PCM 2 and lack of heated seats won't be an issue :bandit:

Attachments

• 2b1dd583_443c_4924_83bc_68fc10692c24_140.jpeg
    2b1dd583_443c_4924_83bc_68fc10692c24_140.jpeg
    491.5 KB · Views: 5,326
Too much dough when you're into 991 territory :roll:

I wonder if Jonttt is interested as it's a quick trip down the road for him and he might see some value in it :bandit: :hand:

Surely it's a "typo"????

If not, the 1st owner would have driven it say 30 miles and it would have lost £20k :dont know:

What would the last owner got as trade-in £80k :dont know:

For one owner to do this sounds daft, for three it's plain insanity :judge:

Rhodris-dad said:
Surely it's a "typo"????

If not, the 1st owner would have driven it say 30 miles and it would have lost £20k :dont know:

What would the last owner got as trade-in £80k :dont know:

For one owner to do this sounds daft, for three it's plain insanity :judge:

I'll go for
1.Porsche OPC
2.1st buyer
3.1st buyers son/ daughter ....

Trade in to opc for new car .......991.2Turbo

Or somethin* like that .....

Saw this today

So I popped into Porsche Chester today, funny that it calls itself Chester since it's a good 7 miles from Chester but I guess they it sounds more posh than Ellesmere Port. For those out of the area, it is like calling Porsche based in Hackney.... Royal Windsor :grin:

Anyway, so I had quick look at this 'Bitcoin' of the Porsche Turbo world and it's very nice, but nothing special in a plus £100k way.
It's funny you can't walk around for Caymans of every variety but one of the few 911's is a bit of an 'investment', can't believe someone will actually buy it when a few miles will destroy a third of its value.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back