Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Vauxhall 996 turbo....

To avoid speeding fines. When it comes up on the system as a Vauxhall, they'd never chase it up.

It was probably built when a 996 was a new car and miles more expensive than a used Calibra.

I've seen a lot worse. I'd be interested to read more.

MC

Its a pity you can't get a Calibra body kit for a 996. :mrgreen:

This says it all....

"I might even say that it looks better than the 996 Porsche"

:grin:

The calibra turbo 4x4 was not a bad car and pretty quick, heaven knows why they didn't base it on that rather than the more mundane v6 lump..

Not really bad at all, at least from a distance, but as others have said, WHY :?:

It's another case where the value of the end result can never equal the effort, time and money put in.

Heavens above!!! The way those turbo calibras perform and they way they rot I wouldn't think they'd be the basis to use for anything! You don't see many around these days (thankfully)!

From the front I thought "Wow that looks good" but the side profile lets it down.

One of the most iconic 911 features is the side profile/ roof-line, and it's completely different to the Calibra.

I used to love Calibras when they were new. :coat:

One of these maybe!! But surely not a standard one???!!!

Attachments

• opel_calibra_v6_dtm_521.jpg
    opel_calibra_v6_dtm_521.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 5,859
They did a really good job to be fair..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back