Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

30-40k to spend. What would you buy?

tripleblackcayenne

HI Everyone,

I have been a porsche owner on and off for the last 4/5 years, mainly cayennes, i currently have a 2011 cayenne hybrid ( yes i know ) but tbh i do really like it, very spacious, reasonably quick, ( its blacked out completely with aero kit and black rims etc ) so in my opinion looks as good as i can get it to.

The main reason for cayennes is 1 self employed sometimes need a big boot... 2 kids. However engine wise my current car has been fault free, electrical wise well i dont think there is enough characters available.

Anyway back to my Qs, I have around 30-40k to spend what would you buy?

I am at present considering a panamera because of the 4 seats ( think ive had enough of cayennes ) a macan or a 3rd possibilty is a 2 seater and i buy a van for work.

Any and all advise would be appreciated. Also any input from panamera owners would be also appreciated.

Yes agreed find a nice 911 or cayman/boxter although 911 would give you the 4 seats for 30k and buy either a van or crew cab for work, school runs beach etc. :thumb:

Agree with the above VWT5 hold money well!!

Then a 997 gen2 might have to be a higher mileage car at your budget but gives you 4 seats and feels modern and with doing low miles it could go from being high mileage to medium win win.

Good luck

+1 for a van plus 911 toy!

30-35k gets you a lovely choice of porkers!

Cayenne is a great car we have a 2011 diesel and it is great for family tasks and getting about in the snow earlier in the week. It is a capable, reasonably quick arm chair on wheels. Yet fun, not really... I am a believer in no car fits all. Best to get a van as a daily and a toy as others suggest.

My Cayenne had a few electrical 'glitches', like the comfort access not re-setting and it frequently telling me the oil was overfilled when I hadn't touched it. Above all it had to go as the gearbox was shoite.

Some good values on Macans at the moment (sub £30k) and they have PDK which is the only type of auto box I would ever consider.

:hijack:Sorry chaps but what sort of Macans are available at sub 30k and where?

Serious question as I've been watching the market considering a more up to date replacement for my faithful but ageing Rangie Sport TDV8 and 40k seems to be the starting point for a decent Macan.

Option 3 is the way to go but I wouldn't buy a van. A saloon or estate car will give you a much wider choice.
Spend a good amount of research time on Autotrader and Ebay before deciding. There are some amazing good value low mileage cars available to get the ideal practical car. Then you can concentrate on the 2 seater.
I run a 2005 BMW 325 Msport and it's worth less than £5k with 60k miles.
Without knowing your specific preferences, a banger under £6k and either a Boxter/Cayman 981 or a 996/997.
Enjoy the chase, cheers, Keith

kerb scraper said:
:hijack:Sorry chaps but what sort of Macans are available at sub 30k and where?

x2 been watching the market too and am yet to see a Macan below £31k

ragpicker said:
citroen berlingo and a 996 turbo.

:yeah:

In fact any suitable van and a 996 Turbo.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back