Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GTS 4 convertible

G5Day

So I read from the posts the conv is only dropped by 10 where as the coupe is by 20. As such I wanted to know whether you really need the front axel lifting kit for a convertible or if it has enough clearance for normal use (i.e. speed bumps, driveways etc).

Thanks

I would say it's not needed on the convertible. Wonder why the drop is different on the two versions?
I'm still deliberating as to whether to go for the hard top or soft top, not entirely sure the UK climate warrants that extra £10k!

I have the gts 4 cab, with axle lift which i have not needed over speed humps or ramps, go for the cab, can't beat it when the weather permits and exhaust sounds amazing, during the winter you would never know your in a cab the roof is that good

I drove a C4 GTS Cab for my session at the Porsche Driving Experience Center and it was amazing. I also drove it on the road in PDK form back to back with a Manual C4 GTS Coupe and it was equally brilliant. Slightly softer riding than the Coupe which in many ways is good thing. If I am honest I much preferred it, but I think that was much about it having PDK whereas the Coupe was manual.

For me the PDK was massively more involving and rewarding - the manual was slower and having to change gear took my attention away from braking, weight transfer and turn in. I was shocked but I thought the manual was horrible (and yes, I can heel and toe, double de-clutch etc as I've raced Caterhams). It made the car feel like a dinosaur Vs PDK . Then we got caught in traffic! At which point PDK wins by an even bigger margin. I really had a very strong reaction against the manual. I was shocked, but glad I drove it myself as a combination of mag review, youtube channels and chat online had almost convinced me to go back to a manual after my PDK C4s.

But I digress. The Cab rode massively better. It just flowed where the Coupe pogoed. I was seriously worried that I had messed up when ordering as I went for -20mm on the strength of that test drive, only to find out later the cab (which I preferred) was only -10mm. But subsequently I've come to think it had more to do with the Cab being run in where the Coupe had less than 100 miles on the clock. It honestly felt like the Coupe still had its delivery blocks in. Thankfully mine is much more supple, but I still really rate the ride in the Cab. Roof up it felt just like a Coupe to me.

I am doubtful that it would need Axle lift in a Cab unless your drive is at 45 degrees! I don't really need it on my Coupe which is -20mm. Not unhappy to have it through as it makes me laugh!

Nice post weejimmy.
As you say, perhaps not quite a fair comparison given the low mileage and manual (which I hate too) in the coupe.
I'd like to take a good look at the cab in the flesh as I THINK it's even nicer looking than the coupe.
Decisions!

Are you looking to buy new? Might have missed that. Great position to be in either way. Love the look of the GTS but how do people find the seats etc with less leather? Good luck and keep us posted

RB79 said:
Are you looking to buy new? Might have missed that. Great position to be in either way. Love the look of the GTS but how do people find the seats etc with less leather? Good luck and keep us posted

IMO the alcantara seats are a huge step forwards from the all leather I had in my C4s. They are 18 way Vs 14 way which may also be a factor, but they are more comfortable, grip you better and feel fantastic. You sit in them not on them. They are one of my favourite things about the GTS although to be fair you can specify them on non GTS Carreras now which wasn't the case when I ordered my 991.1 c4s.

Absolutely adore them! Especially with the alcantara wheel. I went for the heated wheel option which is a lovely thing to hold in the current cold weather!

RB79 said:

Yes, have had an m3 since July which just doesn't cut it. Before that a Macan Turbo and before that a C4S which was great but I think the 4GTS is going to be even better. Interested to hear weejimmy's view on the seats because that was the only downside to the C4S, slightly uncomfortable I thought (i'm 6'2). Anyway, a nice period right now, getting things sorted :)

Just seen Bishbosh's Carmine Red turbo cab, the same colour scheme might just do the trick on a 4GTS cab 8)

I had the pleasure of half an hour in the Miami blue (<-?), PDK C4 GTS Cab at the PEC Silverstone. What an amazing car - superb handling, grip, grunt, exhaust sound (despite not being n/a) - and feels rock solid stiff. No noticeable flex despite the fabric roof. Quite possibly my favourite car they make at the moment for being such an all-rounder. You are a lucky chap if one of those is being built for you :thumbs:

Thanks all, yes very lucky to be looking at new. Had a coupe for the weekend recently but a little dissapointed by the lack of classic Porsche sound track from the engine. Dealership still to come back to me if there was a fault with the PSE. Considering the convertible as it brings the engine sound in closer to the driver. :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back