Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Proud new owner of 911 C4S, need some parts, help & advi

53c4s

Hello 911UK,

I have just become a proud new owner of a 03 Porsche 911 996 C4S and have joined the 911 club :) and wanted to see if you guys could help me out with a few things...

1. I need the rear driver side rear lamp as it has a small crack in it, however was thinking should I upgrade to the LED lamps or stick to original?

2. I also need the center reflector as it has a crack in it, does anyone have one for sale and are there any upgrades?

3. I need all round brakes and discs, which one should I go for? Brembo etc?

4. The Sat Nav disc is missing, can anyone do me a dvd copy of their's please? or have one for sale?

5. The key buttons don't unlock the car, the light flashes however doesn't re-sync, any ideas? Also does anyone have a spare key for sale?

6. Is there any recalls on these models and has anyone had them done?

7. Is anyone selling a Driver's Handbook and pouch?

8. Good place to get a nice Porsche Key ring?

9. Has anyone upgraded their seats to heated ones and was it easy, is the wiring loom plugs there?

10. Has anyone fitted aero wiper blades to their 996? Do they work properly as there isn't anything listed on the web.

I think that's it for now, thanks for reading and hope to receive your thoughts and ideas soon. :)

Also I'm able to get Falken Tyres and other makes at a very competitive price and bosch wiper blades, if you're interested then send me a message.

Look forward to hearing from my new 911 bros.

:welcome: to 911uk and to 911 ownership.

I've moved your post to the 996 sub-forum as it may get more hits and answer a few of your questions.

If you don't get much feedback re the parts you require you may want to re-post on the 'parts wanted' again.

Good Luck :thumb:

Hi And welcome to 911 ownership, you'll get lots of help and advice off here, there are some very knowledgable members.
But we will need pictures!! :useless: :useless:

Aero wipers are fine, thinkits 2 21" blades.

Pagid discs and pads from cp4l are fine.

As Alex said Pagid disc's and pads are fine... I've got Brembo disc's and Pagid pads..

Look out for Eurocarparts doing a promotion code.... I got mine for half price :thumb:

For most of the other bits Ebay

Welcome to the forum.

If you want to buy used parts ebay is the natural place to look but also beware of sellers selling parts at nearly or more than new prices as OPC (Official Porsche Centre) can quite often be cheaper, I always check with OPC pricing before I check anywhere else.

LED rear lights are not available for the wide body cars, unless they now are but I haven't seen them for sale?

As said Pagid brakes are good and can be had at a good bargain if you know where/when to look.

Heated seat can be retro fitted and there are only two wires to connect, I have them fitted to my car but I haven't actually connected the wires yet. You could change the seats for heated ones and I think they just plug straight in to the loom.

I have some genuine sat nav discs and don't need them as I changed head units for a touchscreen Kenwood but unsure what year they are now but were from my 2001 car but there are a couple of newer discs I think and a compatible Vauxhall disc.

You may need a new key fob but there are a couple of ways of trying to re-sync, if you do a search on here there should be some tips.

Congratulations good move :thumb:

5. Once you have an owner's manual check in there regarding key fob operation as I think when they have been laid-up for a while the full functionality of the fob de-activates and car goes into a hibernation mode. Mine has done it a couple of times when I haven't used for a while. When you open door lock with key alarm activates and then unlock/lock button works to disarm. All become functional again.

6. Recalls - https://www.themotorombudsman.org/vehicle-recalls
Unless you mean manufacturer campaigns which are not necessarily safety related but are completed as good-will to resolve known issues. Email OPC but most of these would have been completed earlier on with OPC servicing.

Post some pics mate :thumbs:

Re: Proud new owner of 911 C4S, need some parts, help &

1. Up to you, but resistances will be different and you'll end up changing all bulbs.

2. See classifieds, breakers or if really desperate Porsche Centre ("OPC")

3. OEM are hugely over-priced. Most aftermarkets are fine (I like Zimmermans - see onlinecarparts.co.uk)

4. This guy's great - £25. http://satnavupgrades.co.uk/

5. Have you tried battery?

6. Call OPC with chassis number

7. eBay probably best.

8. ditto.

9. There will be threads here somewhere - try "search forum"?

10. They're fine.

Welcome

Don't bother looking for a c4s rear reflector as they don't exist 2nd hand without the complete bootlid (being unique to this car).

The part is around £400 from the main dealer with a small
Discount most OPC's will give if you ask nicely.

If yours has only got a small hairline crack I would be tempted to live with it or pm me as I maybe interested to buy yours if you replace as mine has a big chunk missing but cannot find a used one (had the car 3 years).

Have fun with the car and keep us updated on your experiences.

:thumb:

Double post but I'll add have a low temp thermostat fitted if this hasn't been done and consider cleaning out the debris from front rads a good check of the waterpump and cheek the concentrate level of the coolant or renew entirely as this often gets overlooked.

:thumb:

Welcome along! Lovely cars. :thumb:

As above for the parts check OPC, then eBay for genuine parts.
For aftermarket again eBay plus Car parts for less, Euro car parts, etc.

Good luck bringing it back up to scratch. Enjoy the journey, don't rush it. A lot of the fun for me personally is bringing something back up to a nice standard.
If I get it finished I usually end up getting bored and selling it. :wink:

I had Aero blades when I bought my car but they didn't fit the curve of the screen very well at the driver's side.

I bought traditional Bosch blades from ECP and they fit and work very well, they also had the Porsche spec curved passenger blade.

Is your satnav DVD or CD? I've never got mine working but I prefer a more recent Garmin satnav anyway.

If it's a PSM2 - you can get an updated DVD from here

http:/www.satnavdvd.co.uk%2Fporsche-32

works well!

Welcome to the forum - If it's a Mk2 C4S, don't let anyone tell you a Cabrio C4S is 'common' - check with Porsche and you'll find there were only 5,757 made worldwide - when you factor in how many of these would have been left hand drive (and then how many have been trashed since) we've probably got our hands on a very small batch!

Great choice of car BTW

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back