Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bovee 1000 iPod connection interface + oem Gen2 cable

Easto

£80[/list]

Attachments

• 65623666_995f_4e51_b182_d06c21e8985b_979.jpeg
    65623666_995f_4e51_b182_d06c21e8985b_979.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7,093
Thats a must for anyone with a 997.2 who wants to stream music from their iPhone via bluetooth etc. and a decent price , good luck with the sale :thumb:

I have this exact set up in my 997.2 and the constituent parts cost a lot more than that. Works really well. If you want to stream wirelessly its the way to go.

No attachment between me and the seller - just verifying it's a worthwhile purchase.

GLWS

Thanks...

Now even better value - £70 plus postage

I got one of these in November - seems to do the job though just fine (though I haven't used it a huge amount). The reason for acquisition - recent iPhones (other than the SE) do not fit in the cubby where the iPhone connector on a 997 lives (while plugged into a lightning adapter). Anyone with a 997.2 with the universal audio interface thinking of a phone upgrade over Christmas might want to think about getting this bought.

GLWTS

Thanks guys - bargain tbh
And works great - inwaited for ages for one to come up and ended up paying full price for both items -
Retail is around £120-30!

Not sure..good price if so just for the unit but the link said $87.99?? but either way it's 35 quid for the cable for it to work in your Gen 2 from porsche dealership.

spongebob squarepants said:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bovee-Wireless-Bluetooth-Interface-Integration/dp/B00B52LLJ6

Isn't this the same thing on Amazon for £73.99?

It is, but you will still need the porsche Y connector that easto is selling with it and they are over £30 on there own so I do think this is good value at £70 for both bits, :thumb:

Get it chaps, but surely (on a gen 2) if you get the lead you only need a lightening to 30 pin adapter? Then you can play through your device with the correct display on the PCM 3.
As with this info ( his music choice is awesome 😎) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UsLX1sHygmk

So Is the bovee more for gen 1 :?:

Not really GEN specific as far as I'm aware but you are right - I use one of my old iPods occasionally, however my iPhones which have most of my tunes on and Spotify don't have a 30pin
This is the best way to stream blue tooth music. If you don't need / want to do that then you don't need this. Just the cableic as far as I'm aware

Get it chaps, but surely (on a gen 2) if you get the lead you only need a lightening to 30 pin adapter? Then you can play through your device with the correct display on the PCM 3.
As with this info ( his music choice is awesome 😎) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UsLX1sHygmk

yes if you want the hassle of keep connecting and disconecting it , the bovee allows you to leave your devise in your pocket and it connects via bluetooth with full functionality. For me thats what I wanted as I use the car daily and am in out out of it regularly .I use it to stream spotify to the PCM3 so I can play any music I like :thumb:

As I pointed out earlier - with the 997.2 universal audio, unless you have the iPhone SE (or the earlier 5 or 5S) then the phone doesn't physically fit in there with the cubby closed while connected to even the short wired lightning adaptor. Tried it with the X and that is most certainly a no.

The Bovee is the solution to ever expanding size of phones in the 997.

I have the Universal Audio interface in my 997.2 but had to shell out £30 for the 30pin to lightning adaptor, only to find:

1) my iPod Touch (smaller than the iPhone) now doesn't fit the cubby hole with the adaptor attached, annoying but not a massive problem as I am using one of those tacky pads to keep the unit in place on top of the armrest

2) The interface does not always recognise the iPod when plugged in. Resolved by unplugging and plugging in the Porsche cable a few times, then it works - still inconvenient and annoying.

3) Biggest issue, even when I get the interface to work it does not charge the iPod, only synchs the music, so eventually the battery will die as I have nowhere to plug the charge lead. It both synchs and charges fine in my Volvo and Audi, but the Porsche behaves the same with my old iPod classic when not using the 30 pin adapter so it seems to be a Porsche interface problem. I could use the 3.5mm plug in the UAI but then cannot control the tracks/playlists etc. Anyone else had this problem or found a solution?

However, if the Bovee works as well as suggested it could be the answer to all the problems. Does it attach to the standard 30 pin plug in the UAI?
If it is straight plug and play from there it could be the miracle I am looking for.

Thanks for any advice.

Fed said:
I have the Universal Audio interface in my 997.2 but had to shell out £30 for the 30pin to lightning adaptor, only to find:

1) my iPod Touch (smaller than the iPhone) now doesn't fit the cubby hole with the adaptor attached, annoying but not a massive problem as I am using one of those tacky pads to keep the unit in place on top of the armrest

2) The interface does not always recognise the iPod when plugged in. Resolved by unplugging and plugging in the Porsche cable a few times, then it works - still inconvenient and annoying.

3) Biggest issue, even when I get the interface to work it does not charge the iPod, only synchs the music, so eventually the battery will die as I have nowhere to plug the charge lead. It both synchs and charges fine in my Volvo and Audi, but the Porsche behaves the same with my old iPod classic when not using the 30 pin adapter so it seems to be a Porsche interface problem. I could use the 3.5mm plug in the UAI but then cannot control the tracks/playlists etc. Anyone else had this problem or found a solution?

However, if the Bovee works as well as suggested it could be the answer to all the problems. Does it attach to the standard 30 pin plug in the UAI?
If it is straight plug and play from there it could be the miracle I am looking for.

Thanks for any advice.

Fed, you sound like you have experienced what the rest of us also found, I think the bovee will sort your problem , I actually stopped using the ipod and now stream either my music library or spotify premium directly from my phone to the bovee and into the PCM3 so I now have all the music in the world ever in my car :grin: :grin: :thumb: make sure you buy the one for a Porsche with the 30pin connection :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back