Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 8
997 : 2004- 71
996 : 1997-2005 44
993 : 1993-1998 10
964 : 1989-1993 5
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 1
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 0
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 2
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 1
Boxster : 1997- 14
Cayman : 2005- 13
Cayenne : 2003- 10
Macan : 2014- 2
Panamera : 2009- 3
912-914-924-928-944-968 4
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Body Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

FZP
Suzuka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Seeing your car from a different perspective. Reply with quote

So today I got Mrs P to drive the 911 whilst I followed in the second car. I wanted to primarily hear what it sounds like to the rest of the world since installing the Tubi exhaust whilst on an errand.

What happened whilst listening to the noise coming from the car, plus admiring the black wrap between the exhaust much like the GTS look and it occurred to me that it's almost perfect as it stands. I kept having thoughts of creating a 997R, but after seeing it today driving in front of me, I came to the realisation that it's almost complete other than spacers to push the wheels out and lowering it a touch to lose the SUV stance.

I guess some times you need a change of perspective to appreciate some things.

pcat
Monza

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Seeing your car from a different perspective. Reply with quote

FZP wrote:
So today I got Mrs P to drive the 911 whilst I followed in the second car. I wanted to primarily hear what it sounds like to the rest of the world since installing the Tubi exhaust whilst on an errand.

What happened whilst listening to the noise coming from the car, plus admiring the black wrap between the exhaust much like the GTS look and it occurred to me that it's almost perfect as it stands. I kept having thoughts of creating a 997R, but after seeing it today driving in front of me, I came to the realisation that it's almost complete other than spacers to push the wheels out and lowering it a touch to lose the SUV stance.

Spacers yes
Lowering no

SUV stance? You are joking right?

Phil 997
Shanghai
Shanghai

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Seeing your car from a different perspective. Reply with quote

FZP wrote:

Surprised Mrs P drove your car . you must have been in a good mood today lol
but your right if you can get someone to drive it either past you or with you following it does create a different perspective. Thumb

FZP
Suzuka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Seeing your car from a different perspective. Reply with quote

pcat wrote:
FZP wrote:

Spacers yes
Lowering no

Not at all. I may have over exaggerated the SUV part but have a look at these two pics. I think the owner has got the stance just right. I'm not a fan of slammed cars or stretched tyres like you see in some other marques.

Porsche-9972-Carrera-Forgestar-CF10-Gunmetal-19x85-19x11-img001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  561.02 KB
 Viewed:  987 Time(s)

Porsche-9972-Carrera-Forgestar-CF10-Gunmetal-19x85-19x11-img001.jpg

Porsche-9972-911-Forgestar-CF10-img001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  623.47 KB
 Viewed:  987 Time(s)

Porsche-9972-911-Forgestar-CF10-img001.jpg

FZP
Suzuka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Seeing your car from a different perspective. Reply with quote

Phil 997 wrote:
FZP wrote:

Surprised Mrs P drove your car . you must have been in a good mood today lol
but your right if you can get someone to drive it either past you or with you following it does create a different perspective. Thumb

On the odd occasion she takes it to school. Thankfully the other teachers at her school don't give her a hard time like the other fella who posted a few weeks back.
Thankfully she doesn't do it too often, I find those days I develop a nervous disposition Sad

Phil 997
Shanghai
Shanghai

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed these cars need lowering a bit unless you have one with sport chassis which comes lower from the factory. personally I like the 15mm with pasm drop from techarts Thumb I also don't like slammed cars but the stock 997S sits to high and the 997 non S is an SUV in stock form Grin Grin lowering also massively aids the handling Thumb

Martian
Magny-Cours

2007 Porsche 997 Turbo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I struggle with my slightly inclined driveway and the odd speed hump in my standard ride height Turbo. Lowering it would cause no end of front end scrapes around my manor!

FZP
Suzuka

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure that will be the case, but as it's not a daily driver, I don't think it will bother me much having to do the speedhimp shuffle.

Boba fett
Kyalami

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The standard ride height on a 997 Turbo is a joke, you could have a party in the wheel archs, but I do understand that some can't lower the car.

On topic I had a mate drive mine, so I could hear it going for it, with the after burners lit, I still am gobsmacked about how bloody good it sounded, I mean really good, such a shame you cant really hear it from the inside.

I also love my 997, its taken some time to get it perfect for me, stance ride height, look and now it has the aerokit. When I saw it being driven it gave me a semi Thumb I'm very happy and thats why its staying for longer.

Scholester
Hockenheim

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boba fett wrote:
The standard ride height on a 997 Turbo is a joke, you could have a party in the wheel archs, but I do understand that some can't lower the car.

On topic I had a mate drive mine, so I could hear it going for it, with the after burners lit, I still am gobsmacked about how bloody good it sounded, I mean really good, such a shame you cant really hear it from the inside.

I also love my 997, its taken some time to get it perfect for me, stance ride height, look and now it has the aerokit. When I saw it being driven it gave me a semi Thumb I'm very happy and thats why its staying for longer.

What exhaust / cats do you have again BF - is it a Kline??

Boba fett
Kyalami

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scholester wrote:
Boba fett wrote:

What exhaust / cats do you have again BF - is it a Kline??

Yes it is.

MaxA
Imola

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's rare to be behind your own car, so to say, but it is fun to see it take off. Not only does it sound better from the outside, it's usually a lot louder than you think. And what I really love is to see a 911 cornering hard, as it rolls so little on turn in, then digs in a bit after the apex, and then fires off up the road...

I think I might need to buy another one. Embarassed

911TEL
Österreich

2011 Porsche 997 Turbo S

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Seeing your car from a different perspective. Reply with quote

FZP wrote:
pcat wrote:
FZP wrote:

Spacers yes
Lowering no

Not at all. I may have over exaggerated the SUV part but have a look at these two pics. I think the owner has got the stance just right. I'm not a fan of slammed cars or stretched tyres like you see in some other marques.

Just look at the reflected surfaces of the GT silver car ( I know it’s not the OPs car ), it’s phenomenal in showing the shapes / curves of the 997.......!!!!
I don’t think any other colour does it like this .....

For this reason , I believe GT silver/ silver is the best colour for a 911 ... been my thought for years since I bought my 1st car .......( Porsche) ......

These wheels really do the car justice .....
I could be leaning towards a set for my Turbo S .......!

Pics of your car FZP?

I agree with seeing your car from different view ... but I can’t bear the thought ....
It’s bad enough putting it in for MOT / service ........!
SL 55 AMG Obsidian Black
Brompton S2L Black edition
(All current)

Boba fett
Kyalami

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Seeing your car from a different perspective. Reply with quote

911TEL wrote:
FZP wrote:
pcat wrote:
FZP wrote:

Spacers yes
Lowering no

Just look at the reflected surfaces of the GT silver car ( I know it’s not the OPs car ), it’s phenomenal in showing the shapes / curves of the 997.......!!!!
I don’t think any other colour does it like this .....

For this reason , I believe GT silver/ silver is the best colour for a 911 ... been my thought for years since I bought my 1st car .......( Porsche) ......

These wheels really do the car justice .....
I could be leaning towards a set for my Turbo S .......!

Pics of your car FZP?

I agree with seeing your car from different view ... but I can’t bear the thought ....
It’s bad enough putting it in for MOT / service ........!

Weird, as I would never have another Silver car no matter what it is.

997 Coast
Nürburgring

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaxA wrote:
It's rare to be behind your own car, so to say, but it is fun to see it take off. Not only does it sound better from the outside, it's usually a lot louder than you think. And what I really love is to see a 911 cornering hard, as it rolls so little on turn in, then digs in a bit after the apex, and then fires off up the road...

I think I might need to buy another one. Embarassed

Agree with you. Mine from the passenger seat behind.

MaxA
Imola

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ nice picture. Glencoe?

997 Coast
Nürburgring

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lake District Smile

FZP
Suzuka

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Seeing your car from a different perspective. Reply with quote

Pics of your car FZP?

I'll take some this weekend after a wash as it's looking like a barn find Thumb

rabbitstew
Nürburgring

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is weird seeing someone else driving your pride and joy. I get extremely anxious whenever I see the mechanic at the local indi driving my car away for a test drive. Ive not been brave enough to let the missus drive it yet.

It reminded me though of when I let a mate of mine ride my Yamaha R1 once. I was in front on his ZX6R and suddenly he floored it past me unexpectedly. The R1 has a full race titanium akropovic exhaust on it. I basically jumped about 4 foot in the air and filled my leather trousers. Then I thought "my god that sounds amazing".
1994 Kawasaki ZXR750L2

HSC911
Paul Ricard

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil 997 wrote:
here are a couple of my favourite rear shots Thumb

Not the one with my Ex's and the Dumper truck in the background Grin

Thumb

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: