Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 9
997 : 2004- 67
996 : 1997-2005 41
993 : 1993-1998 11
964 : 1989-1993 5
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 1
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 0
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 2
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 1
Boxster : 1997- 14
Cayman : 2005- 12
Cayenne : 2003- 9
Macan : 2014- 2
Panamera : 2009- 3
912-914-924-928-944-968 4
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Body Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

RB79

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: New Member - 991.1 C4S PDK Aqua Blue Reply with quote

Hi,

Sorry to gate crash your lovely forum.

I've just done a deal on an Approved Used C4S and thought it about time I joined such a knowledgeable bunch of 911 enthusiasts. It is actually my second 991, I currently have a lovely 991.1 C2S in Basalt Black with low miles which I love but I have secretly always wanted a C4S partly due to the lovely stance and have kept an eye on the OPC website for the right car. I love a clean black car but had underestimated how hard it was to look after with any surface scratches showing easily, I've even had it detailed twice.

My car history is rather random. In the early 2000s I had one of the original Boxter S which was a great car. Then I went through various Audis and BMWs including a few M cars. My last non Porsche car was an M4 which is a great car but a handful. I always wanted the 991 when it came out but could never afford new so jumped at the chance to buy one last year. Coming from a BMW, I did miss a few options on my current car so have been looking out for a heavily spec'd 991 C4S and hopefully have finally found the right car, much to wife's annoyance.

For those interested, spec is as follows:

2012/62 - 13000 miles
Aqua Blue with Black leather
20" Carrera Classic Wheels with coloured centres
Adaptive Cruise with PAS
Burmester Sound
Adaptive sport seats 18 way
Carbon interior
Sunroof
Folding mirrors
Rain Sensor and dimming mirrors
Bi-Xenon with PDLS
Light Design Pack
PDCC with sports PASM (20mm lower)
Voice Conrol
Keyless entry and drive
PCM with universal audio and 6 CD autochanger
Privacy glass
Rear wiper
Seat ventilation and heating
Sports Exhaust
Sport Chrono
Sport Design Steering wheel
Crest embossed on head restraints
Black rev counter
Telephone module
TPM
HomeLink
Online Services
TV tuner
Leather rear tunnel with decorative stitching
Fire Extinguisher
Model designation deletion

Ideally I would have liked DAB and possibly LEDs but it has all my must haves.

After some too-ing and froo-ing with the dealer (who was excellent), I got what I feel is a good cost to change price. Hopefully picking up in a week and can't wait to see the colour in the flesh. A fair amount of money to spend on not that different a car but a lesson for me in making sure I get what I want in the first place!

Some pics below of the current C2S and the new steed.

Look forward to being part of your excellent forum.

T8
General
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With such a good intro' and great pictures you certainly can't be accused of gate crashing.

A big Welcome to 911uk.

thumbsup

Your C2S looked nice. The C4S is beautiful. Envy
ex 1978 Silver 924 Manual

jonttt
Reims

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great spec with some costly options when new there Thumb

1997 Porsche 911 993 C4S My Journal
2014 Porsche Boxster GTS My Journal
2017 BMW 740e Msport
2017 RR Evoque Autobiography

RB79

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T8 wrote:
With such a good intro' and great pictures you certainly can't be accused of gate crashing.

A big Welcome to 911uk.

thumbsup

Your C2S looked nice. The C4S is beautiful. Envy

Thanks T8 and for making me feel welcome.

I know the C4S is the same engine but, except for a turbo one day, is the one I’ve always wanted. Probably a daft thing to do but got to enjoy life 😃

RB79

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonttt wrote:
Great spec with some costly options when new there Thumb

Yes that’s what I thought. Apparently was ordered new by a car collector from
Porsche Sheffield hence spec and low mileage. Not seen one as loaded and I’ve always liked Aqua Blue.

I see you have a late 993 C4S - that’s amazing - very jealous.

T8
General
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: New Member - 991.1 C4S PDK Aqua Blue Reply with quote

RB79 wrote:

For those interested, spec is as follows:

2012/62 - 13000 miles
Aqua Blue with Black leather
20" Carrera Classic Wheels with coloured centres
Adaptive Cruise with PAS
Burmester Sound
Adaptive sport seats 18 way
Carbon interior
Sunroof
Folding mirrors
Rain Sensor and dimming mirrors
Bi-Xenon with PDLS
Light Design Pack
PDCC with sports PASM (20mm lower)
Voice Conrol
Keyless entry and drive
PCM with universal audio and 6 CD autochanger
Privacy glass
Rear wiper
Seat ventilation and heating
Sports Exhaust
Sport Chrono
Sport Design Steering wheel
Crest embossed on head restraints
Black rev counter
Telephone module
TPM
HomeLink
Online Services
TV tuner
Leather rear tunnel with decorative stitching
Fire Extinguisher
Model designation deletion

It looks like a subsequent owner preferred publicity. Very Happy

EDIT: Actually, looking close it seems like the 911 has been deleted but the Carrera 4S has been left. That's unusual.
ex 1978 Silver 924 Manual

Last edited by T8 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:53 pm; edited 3 times in total

Forrester

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean about a 4S vs a 2S. From a driving viewpoint, they are pretty much indistinguishable (but I did feel that the 2S I drove on a test wasn't quite as planted as the 4S). However, that extra 44mm width makes all the difference in my view - it just looks sooo right! Not to mention the full rear lighting strip ...

The aqua blue looks pretty much the same as sapphire blue - is that the case? It's difficult to tell from the photos in the dealer

RB79

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forrester wrote:
I know what you mean about a 4S vs a 2S. From a driving viewpoint, they are pretty much indistinguishable (but I did feel that the 2S I drove on a test wasn't quite as planted as the 4S). However, that extra 44mm width makes all the difference in my view - it just looks sooo right! Not to mention the full rear lighting strip ...

The aqua blue looks pretty much the same as sapphire blue - is that the case? It's difficult to tell from the photos in the dealer

Love the light strip. I can’t comment on sapphire blue but I know Aqua has been dropped as a choice. I am going to get in detailed and will post some pics. I guess you don’t see many blue 911s in general. Not that I can afford to order new but definitely think they could expand the normal colour range choice for such an expensive car.

K888ETH
Silverstone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new car. It looks great and what a spec Thumb

Someone's going to be very happy with your 2S...just don't look at the advertised price when the dealer lists it Wink

Phil 997
Shanghai
Shanghai

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB79 wrote:
Forrester wrote:

Love the light strip. I can’t comment on sapphire blue but I know Aqua has been dropped as a choice. I am going to get in detailed and will post some pics. I guess you don’t see many blue 911s in general. Not that I can afford to order new but definitely think they could expand the normal colour range choice for such an expensive car.

Welcome to the Forum, and just so you are fully up to speed Blue is the new black and aqua is the new Basalt Grin Grin great car great colour look forward to hearing more from you get along to some meets in whichever area of the country you are in. Thumb

G2
Spa-Francorchamps

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely car. Welcome Thumb

RB79

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K888ETH wrote:
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new car. It looks great and what a spec Thumb

Someone's going to be very happy with your 2S...just don't look at the advertised price when the dealer lists it Wink

Ha - I know. To be honest, it was the cost to change that was important to me and I got that within what I wanted. I got them down £4K from their starting point so felt like a moral victory when in fact there was probably more off to be had.

I am daft as my cars always go out better than they came in but I love looking after them and the C4S will get the same.

Thanks to you all for your nice posts and for welcoming me. Great bunch of people.

RB79

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil 997 wrote:
RB79 wrote:
Forrester wrote:

Welcome to the Forum, and just so you are fully up to speed Blue is the new black and aqua is the new Basalt Grin Grin great car great colour look forward to hearing more from you get along to some meets in whichever area of the country you are in. Thumb
/.

Hi Phil, blue is indeed the new black. Basalt is so last year. I am based in Hampshire too, near Yateley. I see you are in Bournemouth? Not sure if you are a footie fan but they are my second team as my wife grew up there. I’d love to come to a meet and see your fabulous machines.

Seventy Seven
Suzuka

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great' congrats!

Love Aqua and those are the best 991 wheels, IMO Thumb

RB79

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seventy Seven wrote:
Looks great' congrats!

Thank you. I was actually in two minds about the wheels and initially wanted the Plaitnum Carrera S wheels like on the C2S. However I actually think these wheels fill the C4S arches better and look fab. I really like the RS Spyder Wheels on the Gen 2 cars.

Phil 997
Shanghai
Shanghai

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB79 wrote:
Phil 997 wrote:
RB79 wrote:
Forrester wrote:

/.

Hi Phil, blue is indeed the new black. Basalt is so last year. I am based in Hampshire too, near Yateley. I see you are in Bournemouth? Not sure if you are a footie fan but they are my second team as my wife grew up there. I’d love to come to a meet and see your fabulous machines.

your more than welcome infact have a look in the meets section theres a curry coming up with some of the guys , there are a few of us this way with aqua cars. always a bit quiet for meets this time of year but the south central group are quite an active group especially when its a bit warmer . theres also a meet in the meets section I think its late Jan early feb that guys from Portsmouth, Southampton will be going to along with the guys from Bournemouth and others from this region. have a look and get your name on the list Thumb Thumb Thumb

RB79

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seventy Seven wrote:
Looks great' congrats!

Thank you. I was actually in two minds about the wheels and initially wanted the Plaitnum Carrera S wheels like on the C2S. However I actually think these wheels fill the C4S arches better and look fab. I really like the RS Spyder Wheels on the Gen 2 cars.

scoot
Monza

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely car and specs Thumb
EX - 997.1 C2S MY2005, Manual, Sport Chrono, Atlas Grey

RB79

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil 997 wrote:
RB79 wrote:
Phil 997 wrote:
RB79 wrote:
Forrester wrote:

/.

your more than welcome infact have a look in the meets section theres a curry coming up with some of the guys , there are a few of us this way with aqua cars. always a bit quiet for meets this time of year but the south central group are quite an active group especially when its a bit warmer . theres also a meet in the meets section I think its late Jan early feb that guys from Portsmouth, Southampton will be going to along with the guys from Bournemouth and others from this region. have a look and get your name on the list Thumb Thumb Thumb

I am genuinely very humbled. What a welcome to a complete stranger. You Sir
are top drawer. Never realised you guys meet up so regularly, would definitely be up for that. I’ll have a look at the meets section. Thank you!

K888ETH
Silverstone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB79 wrote:
Ha - I know. To be honest, it was the cost to change that was important to me and I got that within what I wanted. I got them down £4K from their starting point so felt like a moral victory when in fact there was probably more off to be had.

I am daft as my cars always go out better than they came in but I love looking after them and the C4S will get the same.

Thanks to you all for your nice posts and for welcoming me. Great bunch of people.

I agree, cost to change is all that really matters. £4k movement from an OPC is pretty good going.

I look forward to meeting you and seeing your car at the meets.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: