Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

fuel filler flap stuck shut

david_yorkshire

Anyone had this before ?
moves about 5 mm when you press on it, but can't be coaxed to open
Manual release does nothing either.

AA spent 2 hrs last night trying to get it open and failed !

Not heard any other instances of that... sounds like you've been unlucky.

Weather got anything to do with it? Frozen up? :dont know:

Could be the solenoid. I thought Porsche Assistance would have been able to sort you out?
Annoying for you in the least.

There will be a manual release pull somewhere - Check you user manual, the topic is usually covered

Edited as I read the OP properly and see you have already looked at this.

Solenoid is located under the wheel arch liner that would be the next place to check

PULL

I think the fuel cap pull is in between the door and the wing drivers side when the door is open. :?:

tried the manual release - nowt - not me being a wuss either - the AA couldn't get it to work either

Would have had the wheel arch liner off myself, if the car didn't have centre locks...hmmm is the justification for buying myself a new torque wrench for xmas :)

my guess is the solenoid has jammed - not frozen, the car is in a heated garage

Car has just been recovered into Porsche Hatfield.

talk about timing - I renewed the warranty / assistance yesterday !

lets see what they say !

The solinoid has jammed for the flap release.

There was a recall on it years ago for 991 / 981 .

Its a 15 min job at an OPC , just needs the arch liner removed then you can get at the solinoid.

I have just been through the same problem. I couldn't open the fuel flap at the petrol station, but luckily I had enough fuel to get home - but not enough to get to the nearest Porsche dealer.
Porsche Assist recovered the car first thing the following morning and delivered it to Porsche Glasgow who repaired the fault immediately.
Excellent service by Porsche Assist and Porsche Glasgow but still bloody annoying.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back