Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Robert Kubica

Good for him i hope he makes a come back .

Fantastic pace and determination by RK to be even in the running for a Williams drive after his horrific injury. :thumb:

He certainly does deserve another shot, I do hope he gets the drive.

apollokre1d said:

From reading about the tests - it looks to me like he has got it. Which - frankly - is something that pleases me. :thumb:

If I were Lance Stroll, if be a nervous as a cat at the dog pound. From what I've summed up it's a done deal, Just finalising the restitution back to the Insurance company who paid out initially for the accident

Disco said:
apollokre1d said:

From reading about the tests - it looks to me like he has got it. Which - frankly - is something that pleases me. :thumb:

I really do think he will do well, I hope so even just to prove to certain people (like Jacques Villeneuve) who are saying it is impossible. I hope he proves them wrong :)

He did do well in the test with over 100 laps and no physical issues. It does not seem to be a done deal yet though.

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...-comeback-story-alone-enough-warrant-f1-drive
http://www.planetf1.com/news/williams-kubica-is-not-the-only-option/

http://en.f1i.com/news/287273-williams-still-looking-beyond-kubica-2018-seat-lowe.html

The smart money may still be on someone like 24hr Daytona pilot Di Resta as he appears to have been 0.2 secs a lap faster when they went head to head.

Kubica was passed over by Renault earlier this year. If he was fast enough and capable they would have snapped him up.

He is one brave man though and absolutely deserves his chance to test for Williams :thumb:

This from Massa would suggest it's probably not RK, otherwise why would Lowe say that they are still looking elsewhere?

Massa has stated that he has already been told who will take the much sought after seat, but that was all he was willing to give away when asked who his money was on in Abu Dhabi recently.

'I already know who it is, so I don't need to put money on it. But I will not tell you."

When asked if he thought the decision made by Williams was the right one, he said it does not really concern him as he is leaving the sport, but he hopes the team do well.

'I hope it is the best option for the team. But I'm leaving, so it doesn't matter to me.

'I am happy and I wish the team all the best."

I saw that and wondered why Williams would waste other drivers time (or get their hopes up) by letting them test?

Wouldn't they be better served by allowing their new driver to test next years tyres and get more laps in a car he has not driven all year? Apart from Paul Di Resta anyway.

Looks like Russian money has become too hard to say no to.

Williams have signed the Russian, and in doing so have confirmed their status as the Arsenal of F1.

Or Chelsea.... Take your pick! Simples!

FZP said:
Williams have signed the Russian, and in doing so have confirmed their status as the Arsenal of F1.

They have become F1 journeymen/bit players now
:nooo:

wizard993 said:
FZP said:

They have become F1 journeymen/bit players now
:nooo:
Being a listed company, their shareholders that are their primary concern, and the financial results delivered back to them. I completely agree with the strategy, it's just disappointing to see a proud and historic team like Williams doing that.
It surprised me that they never did a McLaren and build their own performance cars, even before Mclaren did it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back