Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

18" Fuchs Fitment

Ornge

As its "Cyber Monday" i thought it would be a good idea to treat the car to some new wheels. I've always wanted a set of the Otto Fuchs so i went ahead and ordered a set from Design911 saving 10% on the price.

The specs of the wheels are :

Front 18x8 ET52
Rear 18X10 ET65

Is anyone else running these size wheels atm? and are you using spacers front or rear?

With the rear offset at ET65 I'm worried the wheel would need bringing out a touch at the back.

Interested to hear other peoples thoughts :?:

Hi Ozzy, do you know what the dimensions are of the wheels you currently have fitted (including ET's), then I'll calculate how the new ones will fit in comparison

ELA said:
Hi Ozzy, do you know what the dimensions are of the wheels you currently have fitted (including ET's), then I'll calculate how the new ones will fit in comparison

Hi ELA
I currently have 17" Cup 1 reps on, specs are:
Front 7.5J ET52
Rear 9J ET47

I'm thinking the new wheels would need 18 or 20mm spacers on the back as currently they fill the arch out nicely with the offset at ET47 on the Cup 1's

Thanks

New fronts will stick out an extra 6mm but there will be 6mm less inner clearance.

Rears will sit in a further 5mm but you will lose 31mm inner clearance on the (suspension arms...)

You might be lucky with these. OEM 964 RS Mags are 9j Rears with an ET55 offset, so basically 10mm more aggressive than the Fuchs and an inch narrower.

The wheels you have bought are NB 993 sizes. Fronts should be fine but the rears may need an arch tickle depending on tyre choice.

C.

Hi Ozzy,

As my old pal Gaz correctly points out (he's always right ha!) you will definitely need spacers with 18" Fuchs as you will be rubbing on off-side oil cooler pipe.

I have 18mm H&R magnesium alloy bolt on spacers on the rears and same (not bolt on) @ 5mm on the fronts, I couldn't get 7mm's at the time. Depending on your tyres you may still get a slight rub on your front arches on full lock.

Cheers,
Paul

paul284pt said:
Hi Ozzy,

As my old pal Gaz correctly points out (he's always right ha!) you will definitely need spacers with 18" Fuchs as you will be rubbing on off-side oil cooler pipe.

I have 18mm H&R magnesium alloy bolt on spacers on the rears and same (not bolt on) @ 5mm on the fronts, I couldn't get 7mm's at the time. Depending on your tyres you may still get a slight rub on your front arches on full lock.

Cheers,
Paul

Hi Paul

I thought I may need a set on the back. Do you by any chance have the part number for the 18mm H&R spacers you are using? I'm finding it a bit tricky to track them down, there seems to be 15 and 20mm available for the 964 but I can't find 18mm. Unless they are the same as 993 spacers kits :dont know:

Thanks for all the replies so far all :thumbs:

I have recently put MY02 18 x 8(50) & 10(65) wheels on my 964. I used 7mm spacers on front with PS4 225/40 tyres & 18mm with PS4 265/35 tyres on rears with a ride height of RS + 10mm. I haven't had any problems with tyre rub but while fitting we noticed that the geo wasn't symmetrical as tyre to arch clearance/placement wasn't the same between left & right so had a basic geo refresh done at the same time. Will probably head to CG for a proper geo in the new year as I'd like to drop it by another 5mm and fine tune the geo.

I did have a suspension refresh prior to fitting them with PSS10 coilovers and refreshed/upgraded a few parts due to additional stress that 18's place on the front - Front wishbone bushes (Super Pro PU), 993 steering rack stabilizer, new top mounts rubber, upgraded track rod inner joints to RS. Would have liked to upgrade the steering knuckle to RS but couldn't find one in time.

Mondrian said:
I have recently put MY02 18 x 8(50) & 10(65) wheels on my 964. I used 7mm spacers on front with PS4 225/40 tyres & 18mm with PS4 265/35 tyres on rears with a ride height of RS + 10mm. I haven't had any problems with tyre rub but while fitting we noticed that the geo wasn't symmetrical as tyre to arch clearance/placement wasn't the same between left & right so had a basic geo refresh done at the same time. Will probably head to CG for a proper geo in the new year as I'd like to drop it by another 5mm and fine tune the geo.

I did have a suspension refresh prior to fitting them with PSS10 coilovers and refreshed/upgraded a few parts due to additional stress that 18's place on the front - Front wishbone bushes (Super Pro PU), 993 steering rack stabilizer, new top mounts rubber, upgraded track rod inner joints to RS. Would have liked to upgrade the steering knuckle to RS but couldn't find one in time.

Hi Mondrian
That is interesting info. I have KWV1 suspension set to RS ride height & camber settings on the car so I'm assuming it will be very similar to yours. Definitely worth doing the geo refresh to be certain.
Were you advised to run with the 7mm spacers on the front?

Usual advice is to fit 5mm in front and 21mm on rear but I fitted the 18's with tyres on prior to ordering the spacers and figured there was enough room for 7mm besides I couldn't find any 5mm, Porsche do one but it's for 993 which has a lip so won't fit 964. On rear I could probably clear the oil line with 15mm but decided to play it safe and use 18.

I am very happy with how the 18's handle on A & B roads, nothing like the horror most go on about and that's on a setting of 5 on PSS10, but then again I was happy with my RS clutch driving in central London on a Friday afternoon on my maiden voyage post op. I think the key is to attend to the small complimentary details such as front suspension rubber ware or good mapping in case of lw clutch.

Attachments

• e8fdc232_a098_410a_b8ca_eaf2d1afb5a0_547.jpeg
    e8fdc232_a098_410a_b8ca_eaf2d1afb5a0_547.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 11,559
18" wheels

Just a quick note to say I have just gone back to 17" Cups from 18" same spec you mention.
Suspension is KW3 and I found the ride a bit harsh and unpleasant compared with the cups.
Incidentally I left the 2cm rear spacers on the car and the 9"Cup rears look great.

Re: 18" wheels

kitesurfer said:
Just a quick note to say I have just gone back to 17" Cups from 18" same spec you mention.
Suspension is KW3 and I found the ride a bit harsh and unpleasant compared with the cups.
Incidentally I left the 2cm rear spacers on the car and the 9"Cup rears look great.

I agree here. PeterS and myself spent a lot of time driving his car with both 17's and 18's for the day back to back. We both now run 17's.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back