Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Suspension, Exhaust & Wheels

APL911

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi Gang

I'm after some advice please.

After returning my C4S (long story) I've just picked a 2003 996 C2 manual.
Ebay listing below. we ended up agreeing on a price of £17,500.

It's in OK condition, but the suspension and exhaust both need replacing. The wheels either need a refurb or need to be replaced.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I have planned to get it into design 911 and have them fit the suspension and exhaust system I have listed below. Hopefully the fitting costs won't be prohibitive. I'm also hoping they will honour the black Friday discount until tomorrow...

My question is, do you think Design 911 is a good route to go? Can anyone make any other recommendations for companies local to the south of England?

I've spent the day cleaning and polishing the car, and it's really in good condition...

http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod1559/Sports-Exhaust-Package--and18-to-27-bhp--Porsche-996-C2---C4/

http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod1...spension-Kit-Porsche-996-C2-36L-COUPE-MANUAL/

http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod5181/18--KT2-Keskin--Black-finish-Alloy-wheels-for-Porsche-Cars/

Where are you? I (and many other here) have had 'excellent' service from 9excellence but there are plenty of other good Indys around depending on where you are.

I'm in Walton on Thames.

I was going to give 9e a call as well to be honest. But I think design 911 were cheaper?...

So, change of plans.

I'm dropping the car off at 9 excellence tomorrow evening.

They say the m030 kit is currently unavailable... no stock at Porsche or Design 911. So they are going to have a look underneath and suggest the best way forward.

They have quoted to replace the exhaust, which is slightly more expensive than D911 but not out of court.

I'm having the wheels refurbished too rather than going for new ones. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

Very good choice, both as to car and indy.
I paid a similar sum for my 03 C2 Cab and used 9e for its first "fix everything" service. I had a comprehensive report sitting in my inbox a couple of hours after dropping the car off, and after a brief phone call had everything done bar a couple of less urgent things that I intend giving them to do in the new year.

I discussed exhaust options with Ken as my original silencers are looking a bit shabby and there are a great many options to consider - although I have to say the Kline stuff I saw in the workshop on Saturday is absolutely gorgeous, and looks like it'll last forever.

Man maths therefore tells me that instead of having an ordinary car on pcp and upgrading it every few years for x thousands of pounds, I can keep my 996 for a great many more years and have something special done to it every few years, thus keeping it fresh and me happy with my car.

Congrats on buying the car. I had it on my radar and thought it looked good....but went for another one closer by...ironically I'm in Esher so just down the road.

I hear good things re GT One in Chertsey in must be close to you but had all my work done at RPM Technik as I kind of fell for their CSR thing.

I put KW V1s on mine (it's a C4) plus some other bits so let me know if you want to have a try out. I put on Milltek silencers if that's of interest.
Steve

Thanks Steve. Small world. It's a bit of a rough diamond....

It's at 9 excellence now. We'll see how the next couple of days go...

APL911 said:
Thanks Steve. Small world. It's a bit of a rough diamond....

It's at 9 excellence now. We'll see how the next couple of days go...

No prob...good luck! Will,keep an eye out for it...

So. The quote is in from 9 Excellence.
The car needs a reasonable amount of work on the suspension, so installing a sports damper and spring kit is not an option at the moment.

First they are replacing the front top mounts and dampers & All four trailing arms. As well as tightening up the front tack rod end nut, which is loose.
Once this is done they will do the four wheel alignment.

Later I will take it back to have the front and rear control arms replaced.
They are also fitting new exhaust silencers, as well as all new clamps and fixings....

Once this is done I can look into some of the other serviceable items that need to be done: Clutch, (IMS?) brake lines, engine mounts etc.

So over the coming 12 months I plan to get this 996.2 well and truly sorted. :thumb:

Are your manifold studs ok??

ALL of my studs had to be drilled out - using PPBB's stromski jig

The SS manifolds on ebay are dirt cheap and good

Hi. They are not touching the manifold.

I'd imagine the manifold nuts are pretty well corroded to be honest. It is 14 years old after all. :eek:

stefano1 said:
Congrats on buying the car. I had it on my radar and thought it looked good....but went for another one closer by...ironically I'm in Esher so just down the road.

I hear good things re GT One in Chertsey in must be close to you but had all my work done at RPM Technik as I kind of fell for their CSR thing.

I put KW V1s on mine (it's a C4) plus some other bits so let me know if you want to have a try out. I put on Milltek silencers if that's of interest.
Steve

I'm in East Molesey... I feel a beer within our 4 mile triangle of Walton on Thames, Esher and East Molesey :grin:

Too late but I'd back recommendation of GT One...they looked after my old 964. They're perfectionists and always discuss the pro's and cons based on many years of experience. Reasonably priced and use OEM parts and Mobil 1 unless otherwise instructed.

Nice looking car btw, congrats

APL911 said:
So, change of plans.

They say the m030 kit is currently unavailable... no stock at Porsche or Design 911. So they are going to have a look underneath and suggest the best way forward.

This backs up my recent MO30... was advised at the time only two kits available.. only just over a month or so ago.

Re your silencers...

How bad? Don't spend ££££.££ unless they're completely gone if the money can be spent better elsewhere.

2003 is newer than mine and I very recently (3 weeks ago) had Paul bypass and restore mine... it's sorted and sounds amazing (PSE noise all the time). I paid £400 all in for the bypass and new welds around the bottom seams that were splitting.

https://youtu.be/lFF0Wnx9-NI

Attachments

• img_4484_194.jpg
    img_4484_194.jpg
    446.6 KB · Views: 4,586
  • img_4486_175.jpg
    img_4486_175.jpg
    459.3 KB · Views: 4,586

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members