Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The Grand Tour Mark Webber 991 GT2RS video

FZP

Worth a watch. GT2RS vs AMG GTR

Very close.

At least they pronounced Ricciardo properly.

PeterS said:
Very close.

Phonetic pronunciation Rich-ardo :thumb: "cc" in Italian = English "ch"

Our local OPC have sent out invitations for a VIP day to order a new car, you have to email them to arrange a suitable time. Apparently cars will need to be ordered in 2017, so I've asked for a GT2 RS not fussed on the delivery date as long as it's GT silver.
Still haven't got a reply back yet but there's time!

easternjets said:
Our local OPC have sent out invitations for a VIP day to order a new car, you have to email them to arrange a suitable time. Apparently cars will need to be ordered in 2017, so I've asked for a GT2 RS not fussed on the delivery date as long as it's GT silver.
Still haven't got a reply back yet but there's time!

Priceless :thumb:

MW, a great ambassador for Porsche. :bow:

FZP said:
PeterS said:
Very close.

Phonetic pronunciation Rich-ardo :thumb: "cc" in Italian = English "ch"

Its the i in the middle.

Daniel, MW and Christian Horner all say it, but not the commentators

Webber plays it pretty well..

For my surname, I have 2 pronunciations. I use an anglicised version that makes my life easy in English speaking countries. I then have the correct pronunciation in Italian which sounds different all together.
If you went to his dad's village in Sicily, you'd see the difference.
Much in the same way in Spanish "LL" has a different sound than it does in English.

:thumb:

FZP said:
For my surname, I have 2 pronunciations. I use an anglicised version that makes my life easy in English speaking countries. I then have the correct pronunciation in Italian which sounds different all together.
Much in the same way in Spanish "LL" has a different sound than it does in English.

Don't tell me...

In England you are known as Mr Smith and in Italy they call you Mr Jones!

:floor:

mikeluke said:
FZP said:

Don't tell me...

In England you are known as Mr Smith and in Italy they call you Mr Jones!

:floor:
Indeed. Untraceable from one girlfriend to the next. But in all seriousness, in first cousins, there are 6 of us with the same name, and second cousins included there 12 or 13 of us with the same name. You would think that family gatherings would be a nightmare but we each had our own unique call sign. Much in the same way you could have William, Will, Billy, Bill, etc.

I'm with Webber on this. I just don't like Mercs either. Not sure why. Totally irrational. And it's not just me: Bottas, as a paid Merc driver, runs a C4S (which certainly isn't a company car) up here in Finland.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back