Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

One step forward two steps back

Stephenjk

Installed the steve wong chip over the weekend. Once i realised motronic was under the passenger seat, i guess they didnt move on right hand drive cars was pretty easy to get it out and apart. I could not get the two boards apart though seemed the top one was hitting a part on the bottom board so it didnt slide out as per instructions. After a couple of hours and removing everything with a screw on the motronic board i eventually got them apart and replaced the chip. The chip was actually reasonably easy to fit. I couldnt find anyone else who had problems gettibg motronic apart from google so dont know why i had such trouble.

First impressions of the chip are idle seems more consistent, i was only stuck in traffic due to rugby on saturday so didn't have a chance to open it up so do idea if it feels faster yet.

I checked throttle pedal and like most cars pressing pedal doesnt fully open throttle. I tried to adjust not seeing the nut and this happened.

I now have nothing connecting pedal to throttle cable. Queue removing floor to get at broken pieces followed by my son and i pushing car into the garage. Hence no chance to test chip on sunday.

I've ordered a ball socket N0155213 which looks metal rather than plastic but looks like the part i need from the diagram. Fingers crossed ill have it back on the road next weekend! At least i have everything apart now so can see how it works. I was trying to adjyst throttle with head stuck in footwell and obviously couldnt see everything as well as i should.

Attachments

• img_20171119_110603_1305x2320_208.jpg
    img_20171119_110603_1305x2320_208.jpg
    411.6 KB · Views: 4,100

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back