Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Nick's C2S Modding Thread

nickjonesn4

Afternoon all,

As promised, the start of my record of mods, maintenance and upgrade work to my lovely Vesuvius C2S. I had a small op a couple of weeks ago so starting with the easy stuff!

First up switch to 996 Turbo Wheel with the hand stitched leather airbag

20171119_114637.jpg

Much prefer the look and feel of the wheel. Better view of the dials and breaks up the chestnut nicely I think. Picks up the black contrast panels well.

IMG_20171011_WA0000.jpg

Job number 2. Fit Brodit kit for Samsung Galaxy 8. Love these kits and have always used them. Rock solid and safe to use.

Nice clean install and good to see Brodit now offer second USB port in the charger

20171119_114437.jpg

20171119_114343.jpg

20171119_114443.jpg

Ignition switch surround very scratched and annoying me. Found this little number at Carbone which matches the interior well.

20171119_114723.jpg

20171119_114326.jpg

Nice 1969 'Weltmeister' airfreshener as a freebie too

20171118_194632.jpg

Cabin now more functional and looking better IMO

20171119_114633.jpg

Next job to fit the sports Airbox cover. Hopefully feeling up to it during the week.

20171114_223623.jpg

20171114_223712.jpg

20171114_223707.jpg

ch3tman said:
:thumbs:
nickjonesn4 said:
Next job to fit the sports Airbox cover. Hopefully feeling up to it during the week.
Look forward to hearing your thoughts on whether it's worth it :).

Will make the engine bay a bit shinier anyway :D

ch3tman said:
nickjonesn4 said:

Seriously considering removing mine.

gunner said:
ch3tman said:
nickjonesn4 said:

Seriously considering removing mine.

Interesting. Why?

Motorsound airbox is really just a little bling for the engine bay. Some owners say they can hear a difference in induction noise but I honestly couldn't, hence I've left my latest 993 with the basic unit.

Some nice additions Nik. Black Steering Wheel in any Non-Black interior works well. 3 Spoke full leather wheels are definitely the connoisseur's choice.

Looking forward to seeing the wheels once painted and fitted.

Apart from suspension which you mentioned in an earlier thread, what other bits have you got planned?

C.

cableguy said:
Motorsound airbox is really just a little bling for the engine bay. Some owners say they can hear a difference in induction noise but I honestly couldn't, hence I've left my latest 993 with the basic unit.

Some nice additions Nik. Black Steering Wheel in any Non-Black interior works well. 3 Spoke full leather wheels are definitely the connoisseur's choice.

Looking forward to seeing the wheels once painted and fitted.

Apart from suspension which you mentioned in an earlier thread, what other bits have you got planned?

C.

Still a bit of a moveable feast at the moment, but roughly...

Fit the 18" rims
Retrim front seats in Chestnut and retrim dash in black leather
BergvillFX headlights and tail lights conversion
Ohlins shocks and whatever else needs done there.
Sports Cat/Backboxes or possible custom exhaust if I do the following...

Top end engine rebuild, rework heads and live remap to 325-340ish bhp which I'm assured by Richard Chamberlain is relatively straightforward without stressing the engine too hard.
Do the rod bolts at the same time for belt and braces approach.
I'm down to either CTR or Unit 11 on the above as costs not looking too terrifying.

If I do this I will get a Quaife LSD (or similar) fitted. Maybe the OEM Porsche diff. I would also go with the Turbo brakes if I go down this route.

I appreciate that there are other less expensive ways to go and that others are very happy with the remap and sports cat route to 300bhp. I may still go that way but probably not! This car is a keeper for me and I'm planning on putting 100,000 miles on it if I can!

I might eventually look at some weight saving (aside from wheels and exhaust which will be covered) but I want to keep the interior civilized and touring friendly. I suppose this could be looking at the door skins/bonnet but probably not TBH. i won't be going down lightweight fly wheel or short shift kit for the same reason.

Nice list and amen for doing it your own way. :thumb:

Quaife are good but have a look at the OS Giken LSD. Highly regarded in the 993 World.

Looking forward to further updates.

C.

cableguy said:
Nice list and amen for doing it your own way. :thumb:

Quaife are good but have a look at the OS Giken LSD. Highly regarded in the 993 World.

Looking forward to further updates.

C.

Cool. Will look into that diff. Default to Quaife as it's kept me from the ditch on many occasions in my E55k

I reckon the above is 18 months worth of fun and in my experience it's better to do it in phases so you get to feel the difference the mods make individually.

Looking forward to that top end rebuild with head modding.
Is this the 'billet' head conversion offered by the likes of 9M?

ballcock said:
Looking forward to that top end rebuild with head modding.
Is this the 'billet' head conversion offered by the likes of 9M?[/quote

Hey there. Not looking at new billet cylinder heads or indeed a new ECU. If you go with these options it will double the cost of the build. Only necessary if looking for 350++ BHP race type engine

Basis of what Richard has spoke to me about is

New more aggressive cams
Port cylinder heads
Live remap
Custom exhaust (maybe)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back