Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Winter tyres for 991.2 C2

In the past, have fitted winter tyres to my 911 and used as a daily drive.

If you live in a part of the country where the temperatures are regularly below 7degC, out-of-city, where there is constant rain, and a sprinkling of occasional ice/snow, then winter tyres make a really noticeable difference. A definite night and day scenario - winter tyres are really that good. Astounding performance in heavy rain and standing water. :thumb:

However, no longer drive my 911 throughout winter because what I began to realise was that even though the capabilities of the car were considerably enhanced by winter rubber, the limiting factor wasn't my ability or that of the car, but rather everyone else who didn't have winter tyres. :nooo:
Too many near misses because other people couldn't steer and/or stop on summer rubber.

So mainly drive an old TT with winter rubber and use the 911 (on summer tyres) maybe 4-5 times per month when the roads are not too bad. Best balance for me, and the old TT is confident and safe in even the most dire conditions. :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back