Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I'm speechless - Vandalism

plavix

Is this really necessary? I know Porsches are a bit Marmite to some, but to deliberately cause thousands of pounds worth of damage vandalising mine is a little OTT.

I left it parked on the street, around half a mile from my house, close to my daughters school and my office, on Friday 10th. My daughter and I did not fancy sitting in traffic for half an hour and therefore walked home. It's exercise, even if the diesel fumes clog up your throat.

It was dark when I picked it up on Saturday 11th. I noticed it drove funny, but as it only took a few minutes, I thought nothing of it intending to take a look Sunday afternoon. Sunday morning i noticed two flat tyres and a Zorro across the side. It seems it was sprayed with paint stripper then scratched with something which was sharp and metallic. It's not a simple 'keying'.

Personally, I think it was deliberate and targeted. Particularly due to the use of the paint stripper, which had only the effect of removing the protective coating and the clearcoat on the bodywork, the mirror housing looks melted by comparison. I don't have any enemies I'm aware of, other than my ex-wife, and she'd be too pissed on a Friday night for that.

I can't even be bothered to get angry. I think I'll just leave it like that.

thumb_IMG_4323_1024_zpsforxl4si.jpg

thumb_IMG_4322_1024_zpsffzeaaav.jpg

thumb_IMG_4321_1024_zpsqfxvjyy1.jpg

This is what it used to look like:

thumb_IMG_2673_1024_zps6urthoav.jpg

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: I have no words pal :what:

That sucks. Did you park it outside someone's house that has issues will school parking by any chance?

Words fail me.

It might be a good idea to walk down to where it was parked and have a good look around for any CCTV which may have picked up the culprits. Definitely worth knocking on a few doors to try and catch these low life's.

C.

I'm really sorry to read this. Jealousy and envy taken too far. :what:

G2 said:
That sucks. Did you park it outside someone's house that has issues will school parking by any chance?
As it happens it's on a school road. See curtain twitchers below.

cableguy said:
Words fail me.

It might be a good idea to walk down to where it was parked and have a good look around for any CCTV which may have picked up the culprits. Definitely worth knocking on a few doors to try and catch these low life's.

C.
Noted and already done. With one house in particular, after knocking three separate times, and receiving nothing more than a little curtain twitching. The other one had no CCTV running on that day as the police already had it to investigate a sexual assault on a female student.

Puts my plight in perspective.

Sorry to hear that m8 - thats just an utter bitch.

as others have said - see if there is an CCTV about....

Osh

plavix said:
cableguy said:
Words fail me.

C.
Noted and already done. With one house in particular, after knocking three separate times, and receiving nothing more than a little curtain twitching. The other one had no CCTV running on that day as the police already had it to investigate a sexual assault on a female student.

Puts my plight in perspective.

It just gets worse. Lets hope they catch the student assault victim(s) too.
Don't give up, CCTV further down the road may have picked up some out of the ordinary activity which could lead to something.

Fingers crossed your Insurance company come up trumps without penalising you too harshly with future premiums.

C.

mmmm my guess would be there has been an ongoing "issue" with parking in the street and you have simply got caught up in it.

I had exactly the same some years ago with communter parking for the local railway station. One night c15 cars had been keyed and sprayed with brake fluid. Apparently it was the second time. Police attended, took evidence etc... It was obviously some cowardly local resident. All cars where parked legally.

Fortunately I was due to move to the US for 12 months and so had sold by P&J and was running around in a £500 banger for a few months so it made no difference to me but there was some really nice metal affected.

Thats terrible. :( Really dont understand why possesses someone to do that.

Very sad to see. Sorry.

MC

Not to get all crimewatch, but this link will get you the crime stats for a given postcode. You can see if it is a regular occurrence. It is reliant on people reporting crimes of course.....

https://www.police.uk

G2 said:
Not to get all crimewatch, but this link will get you the crime stats for a given postcode. You can see if it is a regular occurrence. It is reliant on people reporting crimes of course.....

https://www.police.uk
A couple of related in the previous 12 months, although not on the same road. Therefore, there doesn't appear to be an issue regarding parking especially.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back