Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fuel

C4-STORM

In short - Normal or Super :?:

Super for me. It's not much more and it's what the cars are designed for.

I am thinking the same. Hadn't given it a thought previously.

Interested to know who is and who isn't.. Any down sides?

Only super. Why run the risk of pinking if a knock sensor is faulty. Car was designed and tuned to run on it......so run on it.

Super for me... I did use standard unleaded once... it didn't like it...

Tesco Momentum 99 - really good IMHO

Shell V-Power or Tesco Momentum is all I've ever used, the car's happy on either and I cannot say that I've noticed a difference other than the cost.

C4-STORM said:
In short - Normal or Super :?:

I have in my short 911 days stuck in Super... 98ron it says in the book, for me this works out around £45 to fill it up when it gets to half a tank, I do like to have plenty in the tank as they say.

Swamps :)

Super may be more expensive than Regular but you will probably find that you get more mileage to the tank which offsets the extra cost, record it over a few tanks and you'll see.

super all the way. why would you both putting the other pi55 UL in it?
save a few p per litre but could lead to longer term issues.

the 3.6 engines are notorious for bore wear when they get too hot and running UL can led to higher temp.

you get more miles per tank with SUL as said before.

Lets face it - anyone who puts boggo in does it for 1 of 2 reasons and it's not usually the unavailable in their area reason.[/b]

along with the budget tyres and Chinese suspension parts. :pc:

:eek: :hand:

NLW73 said:
along with the budget tyres and Chinese suspension parts. :pc:

:eek: :hand:

They don't damage the engine :wink: :grin:

linlong shintong tyres easier to spin up in the wet so you could over rev more easily and well into the red = engine damage.

8) :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back