Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Stunning C4 but £87k?

C4... Small RS kit... 18"TT wheels... I'd say that's about right ;-)

Spotted

A lovely colour, and lovely money at £87k, they also have a 1996 993 C2 for £72k, granted low mileage at 45,000.

Done all its dough before that price IMHO :wink:

If anyone calls in resist the urge to put on the complimentary rose tinted goggles in the box by reception :roll:

Never mind rose tinted goggles... someone has rose tinted the paint!

C.

Neither are low enough mileage or special enough to achieve those prices. This is what happens with time.....the average guy gets priced out. These are not rare or especially special cars.

cableguy said:
Never mind rose tinted goggles... someone has rose tinted the paint!

C.

Emperor's new clothes colour scheme :thumb:

Underpriced :judge:

Lets get real, 993 prices are at a price point many are still out of touch with :roll: and that is a nice example, sold via a premium seller which will always attract a premium.

What happened to condition over mileage :hand:

Ive said it before and will say it again cars like this very one will be 6 figures within the next few years :thumb:

This thread has cheered me right up. The older these cars get the more the details matter. Mileage, provenance, body type, transmission, colours and spec. Some of these factors are debatable but mirage is a marmite colour. DL see it at close to £90k. Very lumpy but perhaps this is the way forward.

highway said:
Very lumpy but perhaps this is the way forward.

It put a lump in my throat chum, but probably caused by a large belly laugh :thumb:

highway said:
This thread has cheered me right up. The older these cars get the more the details matter. Mileage, provenance, body type, transmission, colours and spec. Some of these factors are debatable but mirage is a marmite colour. DL see it at close to £90k. Very lumpy but perhaps this is the way forward.

Agreed.

Having spent some time searching out a C4 as my "keeper" over the past few months I'd certainly echo this.

Prices have varied from low £50's to this example at DL. There are a couple of good alternatives at Uber GT and Paul Stephens (no affiliation) which would save you a whole lot of cash, but if beige is your thing its a very very nice example.

Whilst for many years the mantra has been "buy on condition" if anyone is now looking for the holy grail of a low mileage, great condition & provenance 993 manual they are becoming rarer and starting to command a premium. These cars are 20+ years old now, so low mileage is very much debatable and well trailed in various forums.

That said, this is quite a premium and despite covering many parts of the country in my quest; this one stayed off the list.

Mainly as it was way over budget, but also I remember seeing a 993 Targa in OPC Exeter early in the year with very low miles, manual, aerokit etc - fantastic condition. It was up for similar money clearly on SOR. Many months later it was back with the original owner and on PH for about £25k less. I suspect this one will remain at DL for a while.

Makes mine which I sold in September look like an absolute bargain ....... :)

makes mine currently for sale a bargain, well sorted, manual silver with Black at half the price.....

C4's at that level are far too expensive, £80-90 is C4S money, my fully restored and done C4S would be a better value car, limited production numbers etc etc.

Regardless of my personal views, over all we should all be happy to see prices continue to steadily increase.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back