Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Nice looking 997

Interior is a bit chavy, but each to their own.

Strong money as you say.

AslanC2S said:

Strong money as you say.

Yeah I'm with you on that....The colour coded interior pieces is a little too much.

BChivs said:
AslanC2S said:

Strong money as you say.

Yeah I'm with you on that....The colour coded interior pieces is a little too much.

My favourite Porsche colour. (the new Miami blue is stunning too)

At first I thought the interior looked alright but then after a couple of viewings it did start to look a little OTT. I think the steering wheel is where the owner started to get a little too excited.

Question to consider.....Why did it need a very expensive re-spray in the first place?

:?:

I had already seen it as I love riviera, thought the steering wheel blue accents was the bit that made the interior look a bit too much, I was also concerned that a full respray might of been hiding a dented past and also how it would affect future value also final think was the very strong asking price if it had been factory Riviera yes but too strong for a respray.

Seems alright to me. Probably would have left the steering wheel but done the centre console :thumb:

s-l1600.jpg

Riviera blue :thumb:

It could be an innocent " I want Riv blue, cannot find one so only option is a respray a donor or my existing car" . I was thinking about it before I found mine.

But a colour change makes the need for an inspection an absolute requirement.

Glad I've seen the interior, was looking at that for my Riv blue car, but it's too much.

Riv blue is rare and can add a premium if original. Otherwise it's a resprayed colour change car and should be lower cost than a standard car.

Respect to the owner for the colour choice though :thumb: :thumb:

Steering wheel definitely doesn't work for me at all. Actually looks like plastic (although it might look different in the flesh) and takes away from everything else. I would also leave the door handles in silver as well but it's all down to personal choice I suppose and everything can be 'fixed' if you want.

Interior bits aside, the colour really works and would be high up on my choices if I was ever in the market for a full respray.

That's right up my street. Don't like the interior though....

G2 said:
Riviera blue :thumb:

It could be an innocent " I want Riv blue, cannot find one so only option is a respray a donor or my existing car" . I was thinking about it before I found mine.

But a colour change makes the need for an inspection an absolute requirement.

Glad I've seen the interior, was looking at that for my Riv blue car, but it's too much.

Riv blue is rare and can add a premium if original. Otherwise it's a resprayed colour change car and should be lower cost than a standard car.

Respect to the owner for the colour choice though :thumb: :thumb:

Wrapping would be the better option IMHO. In this country anyway. (Hot countries...I've seen a couple with bubbles appearing.)

The original colour is underneath, therefore not affecting the value of the car.

There a Macan GTS in Miami blue (I think that is what it's called) black wheels,
I occasionally see in the local supermarket car park, looks absolutely stunning

I like it too.

I like it so much, in fact, that I bought it.

Nervy said:
I like it too.

I like it so much, in fact, that I bought it.

:worship: enjoy....any more background on the car?

Enjoy the car factory or not Riviara is a stunning colour , personally I would change the bits on the steering wheel and air vents back to galvarno and get the centre console done in riviara to match the door trim and the cupholder trim but other than that stunning :thumb:

Yes, I have full photos of the colour change (before, during and after) and have spoken to the garage who painted it. It was just a colour change to suit the previous owners taste, there was no damage whatsoever. I had it fully inspected prior to purchase too, and all seems well.

However, because I am officially a penis who cannot leave things well enough alone, in the three days since purchasing it, I've already wasted a fortune on cold air induction, a panel filter and 200 cell cats. Next on my list are some nicer wheels, but I'm yet to find anything I like enough to make that blinding white light go off in my head that usually precedes all my money disappearing. My last 3 911s have ended up by default with BBS LMs but I'm trying really, really hard to keep my hands in my pockets this time and find something else that I like more.

I give it about another 5 minutes, because penis.

I too am a bit unsure about the interior, though I will say it looks nicer in the flesh. For now, on the grounds there's less left unblue, I'm going to try getting the centre bits and remaining steering wheels parts done in blue too (well, in for a penny, and the rest of the car is the antithesis of subtle anyway- it's like being trapped in an Instagram filter) but if that doesn't work, they'll likely all go to a graphite grey or equivalent.

In the meantime, I secretly rather love it, despite the fact I should probably know better. Oh well, there's plenty of time to be grown up later, right?

Btw, I've tried to post a couple of pics but apparently they're all Too Big at almost no meg, so you'll just have to imagine something that is questionably Blue, then picture my big fat face in it grinning like an idiot.

Stunning car Fella! Really caught my eye! I would keep it as is, ditch a few blue interior bits, and change the wheels.
I think you should stick with black wheels, maybe consider GT3 wheels in black with spacers.👌🏻

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back