Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche OEM tyres, warranty and insurance

EGTE

Hi guys,
Just went to order some Michelin Pilots Sport SP4 (new kevlar wonder-tyre) for my other car (Panamera) and Camskill had the best price, but they are really strongly advising against fitting them.

They even phoned Michelin about this. They said that they would not warranty the tyre, as it's non-OEM. Also, Porsche would not honour their warranty either (even though it doesn't cover the tyres or brakes.....), although I have not bought into that anyway.

However, the biggie is that Camskill think that my insurers would not pay out either, if I had a prang :eek:

So, word of caution: think about all this before going non-OEM tyres (even if they're crap Pirellis :D ). I will be going for OEM SuperSports now.....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back