Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gundo hack and 200cell cats

Drew1209

I've just done the gundo hack to my original back boxes today and I have to comment on how good the car actually sounds now, the sound off the flat 6 is amazing with a little more exhaust note.

I did originally have the cat bypass pipes fitted with the original back boxes but it was very raspy when revving so much so I took them back off.

With the boxes now hacked how would they take to a set of 200 cell cats, anyone got a similar exhaust set up I assume the decat pipes would still be OTT

Can't answer on the cats but as you say the gundo sound is superb exactly how the car should sound.

I have a 997 c2 and have the gundo hack - very happy.

I added 200 cell cats instead of the standard ones - I didn't like it. Too noisy, too much nvh, cabin resonance etc.

I stuck the OE cats back on and sold the 200 cell - much better again!

Proceed with care....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back