Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche OPC Classic service

peterzoom

I have just had my car back from a small service at a nearby OPC.

I was tempted by the offer of discounted parts prices and the kudos of main dealer servicing, rather than the sticker/folder/key ring that comes with the deal.

Faultless service from the OPC and overall a very pleasant experience.
I had been secretly dreading what their feedback on my car might be but the traffic light style checklist that was given to me on completion was entirely green, well except for 1 item which was marked down to an amber.

A couple of months ago I treated my car to a new Bosch 5 year battery and this was duly noted and flagged up as being " a non standard battery". I was unaware that there was a particular battery for a 996 and the new unit was exactly the spec for the car and also the same as the one it replaced.

Can anyone enlighten me, please?

Theres nothing wrong with the battery you have fitted .

Original battery would have been a Porsche Moll 380 Din .

When the mechanic services the car he also looks for items that would fail a 111 point check for a Porsche warrenty and as such that battery would fail and need to have a Porsche one fitted if you wanted said warrenty .

Non N rated tyres is another that will be flagged up .

May I ask where you had this done & what the pricing is under the OPC classic service scheme?

May I ask where you had this done & what the pricing is under the OPC classic service scheme?

I had it done at Edinburgh and it was £310 inc vat

Type 996 (1998-2004) Minor Service Major Service Brake Fluid Change
911 Carrera / Carrera 4 £310.00 £395.00 £95.00
911 Carrera S / Carrera 4 S £310.00 £395.00 £95.00
911 Turbo £395.00 £625.00 £95.00
911 GT2 £395.00 £625.00 £95.00
911 GT3 / GT3 RS £395.00 £625.00 £95.00
Prices include VAT at 20%.
Service timeline and additional work requirements vary according to model. For full details on your Porsche's service
requirements please contact the Service Department at your local Porsche Centre. Within a minor or major service
additional parts or work may be required depending upon the age of the vehicle, mileage and wear and tear. Additional
work is not included within the prices displayed, should it be required your Porsche Centre will advise you of this prior to
completing the work. Having your Porsche serviced by a Porsche Centre means you also have access to a courtesy car**
or the option of a collection and delivery service.**
For more information about the range of services available, please speak to a member of the Service Department at your
local Porsche Centre.
*Participating Centres only. Fixed price tariffs valid until 31st December 2017. **Subject to availability and geographic
limitations.

It's still a night down the pub more than the £234 inc vat I pay at my local Indy.

Although for OPC £310 ain't too bad, especially if you get a new toy for the day :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back