Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheel time

nickjonesn4

So I bought these excellent Work Meister 18" 3 piece split rims from ChrisT70. Lovely rims and looking forward to getting them on the car. Have decided to get the centre/face painted a different colour to go better with my Vesuvius C2S. Narrowed it down to

Matte Gunmetal face/polished silver lip
matte bronze Face/polished silver lip
Matte gold face/polished silver lip

So from this

To one of the three options above that you can see here
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/sponsor...000-fitments-1060300/#PhotoSwipe1510099511670

Thoughts?

I'm leaning towards the bronze centres at the moment. 3 days to decide.

I'll go with your first choice - gun metal with silver lip.

Match the body colour:

IMG_6623-1200x800.jpg

HSC911 said:
Match the body colour:

IMG_6623-1200x800.jpg

My Cup 2s are finished like that and look great. I think I would go to that if I don't like what I do first time round!

HSC911 said:
Gold would be my next choice then :thumb:

Yep I think it would contrast the paint really well... But then I keep looking at the gunmetal... Decisions decisions!

Body colour or Gunmetal IMO. Bronze would work better on Black or White but I can't see it working with Vesuvius. :?:

Steer clear of Gold as there's only one 993 in the village with Gold Centred Splits... and that's mine. :grin:

C.

cableguy said:
Body colour or Gunmetal IMO. Bronze would work better on Black or White but I can't see it working with Vesuvius. :?:

Steer clear of Gold as there's only one 993 in the village with Gold Centred Splits... and that's mine. :grin:

C.

Ha. fortunately Carl we live in different countries. Stick up a picture please so I can see :thumbs:

Here's a recent one of mine. Centres are BBS Gold. :thumb:

C.

Attachments

• elwick_2017_3_206.jpg
    elwick_2017_3_206.jpg
    523.4 KB · Views: 7,571
I'd go for grey out of the choices you listed, but also like body coloured centres on a dark coloured car.

PH5121 said:
I'd go for grey out of the choices you listed, but also like body coloured centres on a dark coloured car.

My 17s are body coloured so after something a bit different

cableguy said:
Here's a recent one of mine. Centres are BBS Gold. :thumb:

C.

Nice!

Cheers guys. Exterior & suspension just about finished and interior to sort over winter. :thumb:

C.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back