Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Might these fit a 997.2 C2s with spacers?

160dmb

Monza
Seen some nice wheels I like so that I can fit winter tyres to my current wheels - know these are not perfect fitment but wondering if I might get them to work with spacers or if the offsets are starting off the wrong way round.

My car is a 997.2 C2s

Fronts ET45 - 8.5j
Rears ET52 - 11j
5x130 Stud Pattern

Thanks in advance

So standard set up on a 997.2 C2s would be ET57 front and ET67 rear - correct?

So an ET 45 front would be like running a standard front wheel with a 12mm spacer and an ET 52 rear would be like running a standard rear wheel with a 15mm spacer - correct?

On the basis that I have heard people running these size spacers I think I can run these new wheels without fouling the bodywork, and I will also be further away from any suspension components so that should not present a problem either - tell me if I have this right in my mind.

Final point is that because I won't actually be running any spacers I won't need to buy longer bolts either.

Sounds like it should be a go-er if I can get the new wheels at a sensible price.

Please share your thoughts - particularly if any of my assumptions are wrong here.

Thanks guys
David

You can't talk about nice wheels and not post a picture of them. C'mon on.....chop chop

160dmb said:
Seen some nice wheels I like so that I can fit winter tyres to my current wheels - know these are not perfect fitment but wondering if I might get them to work with spacers or if the offsets are starting off the wrong way round.

My car is a 997.2 C2s

Fronts ET45 - 8.5j
Rears ET52 - 11j
5x130 Stud Pattern

Thanks in advance

I ran et 52 on the rear of my 997.1 perfect fit [Techart Formula's] on a 19 x 11 rim .The fronts wre 19 x8.5 with an et of 48 perfect fit .An et 45 will be 3mm further out so depending on wheel design it's not spacers you need to worry about it's wheel arch clearance.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back