Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which fuse? Near-side side light (997.1)

tony_i

Hi
I'm hoping some kind soul can help me locate the correct fuse as I can't see a description in the little Porsche booklet.
I tried to fit a new bulb and now there's seems to be something wrong - hopefully it's just the fuse.
Can anyone help please?
Thanks

Thanks. I've tried those already as they seemed the best match. They're both okay though.

I've tried with a few good bulbs.

All other lights seem to be working and the only warning on the dash is for the one side light.

Is there a chance I've pulled a wire somewhere do you think?

If the bulb is ok then you need to check for a 12v and an earth .. if you have both then its still the bulb or the holder for the bulb .

Need to see if its just an earth or if the front cu is not activating the light .

If other side lights work then its not a fuse .. the power for the bulb comes from the front cu , try as above locking and leaveing the car for 5 mins then see if it works .

After that it may be a garage job .. older cars are just a fuse and a 12 volt , 997 and its all control units and CAN messages im afraid .

CU = Control unit .. a computer basically .

I really don't know what's going on.

I had both lights working this morning, then none, then just the right side again.

Head scratcher. :dont know:

Aghh ok ..

That sounds like a poor connection , earth will be the most obvious here .. youll need a meter to check whats missing when it doesnt work .. ie check for voltage and an earth .. if both are present then its the bulb or bulb holder .. if the earth then either trace it back or run a new one .. the feed comes from the front control unit .. thats fitted to the o/s/f inner wing behind the carpet.

Youll need to check continuity of that wire .

Sounds like a visit to the garage might be in order.

Thanks very much for your help - really appreciate it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back