Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

So my favorite is the 997 - whats yours and why ??

Boba fett

Been doing a bit of reflection and looking at old pictures of the 911's I have had, and its not just because of what I have now, but I seriously think the 997 is the best looking 911 in all guises....

I did park mine next to my old bedroom wall favorite the 930 Turbo, black as well, but I'd have mine all day every day now. Strange Eh !!

I did always think the 993 was its sparring partner but on reflection, those headlights !!

Whats your thoughts and why, pictures are most welcome :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Go on, I'll play. Bit biased posting in the 997 section isn't it?

Singer targa:

Stick that outside your local boozer parked next to yours and see how many people didn't notice your's was there.

02-singer-911-targa.jpg

alex yates said:

:yeah: so I've moved it to 'Porsche Chatter'.

For the record my favourite is a 991.1 Carrera 4S.

alex yates said:

Singer targa:

Stick that outside your local boozer parked next to yours and see how many people didn't notice your's was there.

02-singer-911-targa.jpg

Some people might see that as an old piece of sh11t, however, I get it..Should it be moved...and to what section..?

Some people don't know one 911 from another......and since it's one of the oldest cars on the road still in production, they'd think all 911s are, as you phrase it - "an old piece of sh11t".

As mentioned - 930 vs 997.

The purist might be swayed towards the 930, but what would modern folk think, the 930 was appreciated at y the way and the value, but opinions where interesting?

930 would look better in a decent colour. Just looks boring in black.

1. 964 Turbo 3.6 in ice blue
2. 997.2 GT3RS in grey with red stickers
Dependent on day you could flip the order of those two.

I've not includes reimaged cars like Singer as they're another level of car lust.

alex yates said:
930 would look better in a decent colour. Just looks boring in black.

That to me was the best the colour, it was the Gillet razor car after all all !

alex yates said:

Singer targa:

02-singer-911-targa.jpg

Yup, that is rather handsome.

My Thoughts are you can't beat an old air cooled for its timeless classic styling and I do find myself looking at 930s but then I look at what else 80k to 150k would buy and then lose some of the interest lol.
The 993 also looks great and is more reasonably priced in general.

I like the 997 turbos but IMO they are not twice the car a 997 NA is but they cost twice the money, so for that reason they are not up at the top of my list

I also like my 997.2 .

But would have to say that IMO the best 911 for a combination of value for money, classic 911 looks, reasonably modern technology. and ability to compete on the road with modern performance cars,
plus the ability to avoid serious depreciation has to be the 997 gen1 naturally aspirated cars, with the different cars in that range bringing different aspects of the things mentioned above. For price the 3.6 Carrera, for looks the 4S ,for an all round combination of fun value and looks the 3.8 Carrera S

Thats my contribution :thumb: :thumb:

Wasn't the question - which is the best looking 911? :grin:

997 all day long, it's just well right? not too big not too small, ultra reliable (well in gen 2 form :grin:) exterior right interior right :thumbs:

alex yates said:
Wasn't the question - which is the best looking 911? :grin:

:floor: :floor: Alex it depends on whether your looking or your wife who's holding the wallet is looking with you. :grin:

For me there are 3 favourites, each with a different time and affection from a personal perspective:

1963 911 - the original
1988-1993 964 - Porsche of my youth which was unattainable for me
2004 -2011 997 - the car I own which pays homage to both of the others

I know this is hugely subjective and if money was no object I'd love to own a 964 RS but in the meantime, the 997 C4S does it in many ways.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back