Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Full Sports Exhaust

nickjonesn4

Sao Paulo
All

I know that perceived wisdom is to go with upgraded backboxes and sports cats but...

Has anyone done a full exhaust including headers etc. Fabspeed, cargraphic or custom? Have done headers/full systems on other cars and often seems to offer the best gains.

anyone?

My 993 has original manifolds into cat bypass then into Fabspeed silencers. I am 85db at tickover and around 121db at three quater revs. It sounds fantastic but it has brought me some unwanted attention. It limits the use of the car because at night the sound really travels. Last year a friend told me he could hear me all the way to my house from the pub. Thats about two miles away!!!!! :hand: :cop: :sad:

The original system is pretty efficient, so bank for buck a full system on it's own offers little other than an increase in noise level and a change of note.
Imho decat or 100/200cells are probably best vfm.
9M's 350bhp 3.6 engine on John Spears' car was on std exhaust iirc, he gave me a few laps at Oulton (as passenger) the acceleration out of Knicker Brook was amazing. 9m heads, RS cams and Motec.

Endoman said:
The original system is pretty efficient, so bank for buck a full system on it's own offers little other than an increase in noise level and a change of note.
Imho decat or 100/200cells are probably best vfm.
9M's 350bhp 3.6 engine on John Spears' car was on std exhaust iirc, he gave me a few laps at Oulton (as passenger) the acceleration out of Knicker Brook was amazing. 9m heads, RS cams and Motec.

Thanks, that's really good info. Quite different from modding my AMG where long tube headers/primary decay yielded nearly 50bhp

full sports exhaust

any idea how much that 9m set up cost ?

I enquired a few years ago re the 9m Billet Heads and they were £795/ea, six required.
Not sure on Motec & Cams cost but I imagine a rebuild with the mentioned parts is going to be over £10k. Results should be 350bhp+ :thumb:

C.

cableguy said:
I enquired a few years ago re the 9m Billet Heads and they were £795/ea, six required.
Not sure on Motec & Cams cost but I imagine a rebuild with the mentioned parts is going to be over £10k. Results should be 350bhp+ :thumb:

C.

Interesting reading that bigger bore headers don't really work for 993s. Anyway, I really like the look of this as a manifold back solution, retaining the existing headers http://www.cargraphicts.com/index.php?id=120356&L=1

Will do in the new year and report back/

nickjonesn4 said:
cableguy said:

C.

Interesting reading that bigger bore headers don't really work for 993s. Anyway, I really like the look of this as a manifold back solution, retaining the existing headers http://www.cargraphicts.com/index.php?id=120356&L=1

The Fabspeed is better, from design 911. I used to have a Cargraphic needed a lot of adjustment to fit (cut ands shut) poor sealing and poor welding. The Fabspeed went straight on looks great, beautifully made. I still have the Cargraphic x-pipe 200cell cats if you want to try them.

Endoman said:
nickjonesn4 said:
cableguy said:

C.

The Fabspeed is better, from design 911. I used to have a Cargraphic needed a lot of adjustment to fit (cut ands shut) poor sealing and poor welding. The Fabspeed went straight on looks great, beautifully made. I still have the Cargraphic x-pipe 200cell cats if you want to try them.

Okay that's good to know.

Can only see the catless option on design 911 tho??

Code: FSPOR993 they are there not the cheapest. I have the complete system cat and decat.

Endoman said:
Code: FSPOR993 they are there not the cheapest. I have the complete system cat and decat.

Yep. Am definitely lookingto retain the cats to be honest and mixed reports on efficacy of headers so just want to do x-pipe, 100 cell cats and back boxes. Can't see a fan speed option to do that??

ch3tman said:
I'd not heard of them before, but check out SCART for a cat/back option:
http://scart.com/en/porsche/993/11

They sound pretty good... :D

My 993 which I purchased 3 months ago from RPM Technic has a Scart exhaust fitted by the previous owner. Sounds pretty good and I like it.

It's a daily driven car and the neighbors haven't complained yet so it's not too loud first thing. Noisy enough, however

hopeydaze said:
ch3tman said:
I'd not heard of them before, but check out SCART for a cat/back option:
http://scart.com/en/porsche/993/11

They sound pretty good... :D

My 993 which I purchased 3 months ago from RPM Technic has a Scart exhaust fitted by the previous owner. Sounds pretty good and I like it.

It's a daily driven car and the neighbors haven't complained yet so it's not too loud first thing. Noisy enough, however

The various videos do sound great and build quality looks good.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back