Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is this where the market is for a privately offered 996?

:dont know:

It seems cheap to me but I've never followed e-bay prices.

I'd guess it's about what a dealer would offer in part-ex or what WBAC would give at this time if year so, imo, the buyer got a bargain*.

* Subject of course to the car passing a PPI with no major issues. :wink:

£19.5k.
Bidding ended early at £11.7k, reserve not met.
Deal done outside of eBay?

No it is worth more I think. I was watching it but did not bid but possibly would have if it wasn't for the BIN indicating a high reserve. Problem with selling a car on eBay auction is that you only attract the buyers after a bargain. A proper buyer would put in the research and view several cars. It is not worth the £20k BIN I don't think. Probably more like £15k.

I bought one of these recently for a mate with similar mileage and the interior was in much much better condition than this car. Mileage iffy :dont know:

Good colour combo with an IMS change along with a spare set of wheels which must be worth the thick end of a grand. :dont know:

911munKy said:
£19.5k.
Bidding ended early at £11.7k, reserve not met.
Deal done outside of eBay?
Don't think it did end early - seems to have gone the distance and sadly not had the two motivated bidders that any auction needs.
To answer the original question, I don't think it's where the market is. It's simply where a typical ebay motors auction ended on the day. And in this case, like so many other ebay car auctions, it did not result in a sale (as far as the auction went anyway).
Looks a nice bright car but £19.5k seems a little optimistic perhaps (even with the spare set of wheels).

Looking at the pics and reading the blurb £20K seems reasonable.

Auctions seldom represent actual value. I should know, I bought a 996 with the money I made from buying items on auction and selling at BIN prices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back