Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 2 years of ownership......

seeforez

Barcelona
So about 2 years ago bored of my 996 i was pondering for many months between a gen1 and gen2 997. I had sufficient funds for either but decided to get the spec i wanted that i would have to pay an extra 15k to get into a gen2. So i went the late Gen1 route against the advice of many but on the basis i had 15k to deal with any issues.

It was going to be a stepping stone until i found a nice turbo but 2 years on and i'm a happy Bunny and think i made the right choice and now struggle to justify twice the price for a turbo - although never say never as i still have an itch. I have spent money on wheels, exhausts, tyres, preventative maintenance and unnecessary mods but that is just to get the car how i like it and the sound and power are just right ( for me ) which makes it an enjoyable drive on any occasion and with cruise control and heated seats it can still sit on the motorway for comfortable commuting.

Anyway i have no regrets it still makes me smile when i look at that chunky curvy 4s rear sticking out of the garage and still happy i went down the NA Gen1 route and looking at prices i think i could still probably get my money back if not a slight profit - so for me its a great car and i think it will be a keeper for at least another 2 years :thumbs:

Same with me with only one difference; mine's a keeper as my itch is definitely scratched. :thumbs:

How strange just been on my bike and doing having a bit of a daydream and I realised that I have had the 911 for nearly 6 years YES 6 years this is a world record in the MZ household no car has ever lasted over 2 apart for the Cooper S's
This must say it all still in love with it after all that time here's to the next 6 :worship: :worship: :worship:

It's such a refreshing change to see good comments re the 997.1.

I've only had mine 3 weeks and loved it!

18 months in and still very much enjoying my early Gen 1.
All very well hankering after turbos and the like but I love the drivability a simple manual 2s brings to the party.

Great to hear others are still enjoying the moment and remember you are driving a 911 :grin: not an awful lot of people can claim that :thumbs:

Had mine 4 years now and loved ever mile in it, only selling for a turbo as a replacement.

:thumbs:

Absolutely KJD 8)

18 months into owning mine, such an easy car to drive quickly, user friendly that mrs b can tootle in it if she wants.

I've also just passed the 2 year mark and it has been everything I had hoped for and more. Regrettably I have decided to sell mine for various reasons but I will definitely be buying another at some point in the future. Absolutely fabulous car.

I've owned mine for almost 5 years. This is my first Porsche ever so was a bit worried about expense, reliability and so on but no issues and defo put a smile on my face every morning. guys at Hartech say 'that's a sound motor'. :D

great to hear i'm not alone and hope i get to the 6 year mark and to all the new owners great choice

2.5 years in for me. Manual C2S Cabrio, 2007, high spec, black on black, love the way it looks, modern retro is my thing, which is certainly manages. I think the 997 will go down as one of the best looking 911's ever. It just oozes style and class, people admire it all the time, and it is just incredible as an every day supercar. It's happy driving to Tesco or the bakers, or flying down a suitable A or B road. I have found myself looking to see what I could replace it with, but even a 991 doesn't win. Suspect I might end up keeping "Oscar" as my daily for a long time, and maybe retiring him but keeping him for all time, regardless of what I can add to my garage in the future. MGB Roadster next for the "classic" tick box, but view my 10 year old 997.1 as a classic already!

I didn't really have the cash to stretch to a good gen 2, and the price difference between a really nice gen 1 and an ok gen 2 I figured was about an engine rebuild anyway so I convinced myself and took the punt on a 2006 car with the thinking that at least the IMS bearing is updated.

This means that I'm now driving a 911 rather than waiting for more money to appear and prices of good cars to continue to rise.

Ive had mine for nearly 8 years! - thats the longest by far I've kept any car and I still don't find myself wanting to change it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back