Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

255 35 18 winter tyre on a 10 inch rim - 996 c2

NLW73

Albert Park
anyone every put some 255s on the rear of a 996 for winter tyres? the rims are 18s and turbo lookylikey things and 10j. too much of a stretch?

just looking into another 996 to buy and the summers are shot on the car/or 10 years old so need binning

dropping down width is handy if its snows as thinner tracks better. also could make the rear a bit fun too ;-)

Are they M+S tyres?

10 inches is pretty much bang-on 255mm, so not a huge stretch at all.

I use 255mm in the summer (on 8.5s) to reduce push from the rear anyway. But in the snow, I would use M+S tyres.

yes will be M&S tyres so ideal for winter , cold and the sleet.

i think the wheels are 10 but they could be 9 or 9.5

10j as worse case scenario.

Should be fine, I reckon :thumb:

Only thing that might be an issue is that M+S tyres I find are a bit taller than summers; you may get a touch of rubbing in the arch if you go too wide (and high).

true enough. going to go 255 35 18 so same profile I would imagine as oem. just a little bit narrower on the width on road footprint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back